Sr Director, Product Management- Shopping at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe need safe, transparent financing. Our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, we are expanding our product lines and becoming a global company. We’re just getting started, and we’re looking for a strong product leader to take on this big challenge!
The shopping consumer experience team is responsible for the marketplace on Affirm’s app and web portal, which drive nearly one-third of Affirm’s transactions. The marketplace offers unique discovery experience for consumers and an attractive demand generation platform for merchants. As a Senior Director, you will craft and execute the strategy to massively accelerate value creation for our consumers and merchants through increased user engagement and transactions. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a product vision and strategy, building a team, and delivering delightful experiences to our consumers globally. The successful candidate will be able to inspire, coach and lead a team of Product Managers and professionals in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. This role reports to the Vice President of Product who oversees our Consumer Experience & Growth product teams.What You'll Do
- Build a deep understanding of our consumers, merchants, and partners – their global needs, the jobs-to-be-done, why they love Affirm, and what they wish could be better
- Create a long-term vision and strategy for the next evolution of our shopping marketplace to drive value to both consumers and merchants
- Set direction and influence the organization on the overall product strategy
- Collaborate closely with engineering, design, data science, and commercial teams to develop the product roadmap
- Partner with engineering and design leadership to develop the operating structure and process to deliver on business goals
- Recruit, retain, mentor and develop a growing team of product managers
- 10+ years of product management experience and having directly led teams (ideally 4+ years of management experience)
- Track record of successfully launching and growing consumer products at scale demonstrating end-to-end product development experience
- Proven ability to scale and foster a high-performing product management team
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate effectively in a matrix organization
- Strong analytical rigor, innovative mindset, obsession over product excellence, and an ability to move fast
- Experience working in e-commerce or a consumer finance product
- Computer Science background or equivalent technical experience
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.