“The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas – not technology.” – Mohit Kapoor, Chief Information and Technology Officer
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- A team that values an entrepreneurial spirit, a proactive intellectual curiosity, and a thirst for learning and ability to think outside of the box.
- An opportunity to make a major impact by being a part of a variety of projects in a matrix environment and recognized for the work you deliver.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years professional experience
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and SQL; familiarity with BI tools such as Tableau
- Strong project management and organization skills with ability to manage multiple project/products simultaneously
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment; proven ability to interact with all associate levels to convey complex business initiatives in an easily understood, consistent message across a variety of audiences is required
- Strong analytic skills with ability to assess and address problems as well as understand detailed insurance customer workflows in order to identify opportunity areas for improvement
- Self-motivated and proactive intellectual curiosity
- Results-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Familiarity with SAS or AbInitio is a plus
- Experience in P&C insurance contribution databases or equivalent a plus
- Insurance, Financial Services, and/ or Management Consulting experience preferred
Impact you’ll make:
The Market Planning Senior Analyst plays a crucial role in the execution of key initiatives to support TransUnion as an innovative solution provider to the insurance industry. Your impact supports the definition and development of TransUnion’s Insurance Contribution Databases for coverage and claims data. Additionally you will support the execution of the personal lines property market strategy, including assessment of new data assets, new concept validation, current customer management, analyzing product life-cycles, revenue and competitive position, and most importantly, drive growth.
Your contribution to the success of the team will include the following:
- Project Development & Management
- Apply creative thinking and problem solving to aid in the development of claims and coverage databases and solutions for the personal lines insurance industry
- Identity and recommend enhancements for data or product improvements based on analysis of customer needs and workflows as well as industry trends. Lead, with direction, prioritization of enhancements
- Capture, analyze and report performance statistics to management
- Work closely with product development team to elicit business requirements
- Serve as support liaison between Product, Business Development, Data Strategy and other internal stakeholders
- Participate in or may lead cross-functional team meetings for product development/enhancement projects from concept initiation through product delivery
- Research, Analysis and Reporting
- Conduct general market intelligence research by collecting and analyzing data to better understand the industry, competitors, and customers, and identify potential micro strategies and business growth opportunities; in general, maintain an awareness of what is happening in the industries we serve as well as our own
- Understand customer and market needs, identify gaps and define approaches to meet those needs
- Leverage research and conduct analysis to help define/enhance go-to-market strategies
- Coordinate data analysis with external vendors/partners and internal business units. Evaluate the results of the analysis and recommend to management options to explore in new product development
- Product Development & Management
- Assist in the creation of business cases, business requirements and other documentation to support the product development effort
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external business partners in support of the product development process
- Track customer sales efforts and provide product support to help further sales efforts
- Participate in customer forecasting, including the creation and distribution of forecasting sheets
- Gather and utilize market research and competitive intelligence related to revenue, profitability, pricing, product life cycle, distribution, positioning and promotion strategy
- Perform basic data analytics of test results, product information, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.