Sr. Manager Product Management - Payments at Nordstrom
The Sr. Manager Product Management is a key member of the Nordstrom Product Management team, championing the customer experience evolution through data-driven insights using a variety of qualitative and quantitative inputs and delivering key features, functionality, and programs for Nordstrom. Product Management is responsible for making sure we build the right products and features for our customers and business. To accomplish that, product managers plan the product roadmap and prioritize the applicable technology backlog, lead product discovery, and measure and communicate results of the feature portfolio in production, all while ensuring stakeholder alignment.
The Sr. Manager of Product Management for Payments will oversee all strategy and prioritization for the Payments product teams. Pairing closely with business partners, the Sr. Manager will identify critical problems to solve and coordinate between all relevant departments to drive value delivery. In addition to the day-to-day responsibilities in the Payments space, the Sr. Manager will also work closely with the Store team to ensure close alignment between the checkout and payments spaces. This will include building an in-depth understanding of the store systems and processes, integration between payments and check-out systems, roadmap alignment, ensuring cohesive end-to-end customer experiences, and more.
A day in the life...
Advanced Capability with the following competencies, requiring little day to day management support:
- Develops and manages customer experience product strategies with the product management team
- Ensures alignment on priorities and direction by partnering with other groups, stakeholders and leaders
- Partners with UX, Research, and Engineering on feature design and development
- Develops a/b testing plan with analytics where appropriate
- Drives ownership of features and services throughout the product lifecycle for our cross-channel customer experiences
- Collaborates with peers and leaders across the enterprise to solicit needs, define vision and ensure outcomes align with enterprise priorities and goals
- Hires and supervises an efficient and effective team that meets the needs of the product management strategies
- Monitors & identifies customer needs staying current on industry standards/trends and respond by making adjustments to user experience and product roadmaps
- Maintains a strong understanding of available technologies and apply technology solutions, where appropriate, to improve efficiency and ultimately benefit the customer
- Reviews operating practices and procedures, determine whether improvements can be made and work to implement changes as appropriate
You own this if you have...
- Minimum 8 years' experience with 3+ years of management experience, specifically in product management with technology or ecommerce company preferred
- Bachelors' degree in math, statistics, finance, economics, or related quantitative discipline is preferred
- Ability to inspire others, including demonstrated experience managing and leading strong teams
- Ability to define, measure and analyze processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Technical background and understanding of software development principles and a/b testing
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.