WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro's Product team guides the innovation and development of our comprehensive tech platform, Basis. This team blends focus, collaboration, and creativity to fulfill our mission in creating a transformative tool that makes work more streamlined and fulfilling for those who power the ad tech industry.
Customer experience is at the forefront of this team’s work—and also includes market research, cross-departmental stakeholder collaboration, user testing, communicating feature requests to engineers and designers, monitoring impact of new feature rollouts, measuring returns on product investments, and more. Together, they leverage their diverse industry experience and talent to brainstorm new ideas, iterate on old ones, and create the best possible product for our customers.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
As a Sr Product Designer, you’ll iterate on new and existing product features with product managers, engineers, and other designers to bring to life a great product and user experience. You’ll lead projects from concept through launch, incorporating user research to help the team drive design decisions, exploring the problem space, conceptualizing solutions, and qualifying them in front of real users. You’ll also contribute by:
- Creating conceptual designs that visualize Centro’s Products while incorporating thoughtful usability and accessible design processes
- Working closely with product and engineering teams to see your concepts through development, ensuring a high quality finished product upon release
- Taking on ownership of larger projects and consistently provide updates to leadership and stakeholders
- Creating, maintaining, and extending the Basis Design System, ensuring consistent and performant experiences across the entire application
- Observing, participating and leading field research with customers and users
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to identify potential solutions and constraints to design and implement new product features
- Proactively identifying opportunities for new tools, designs, etc to increase performance, usability, accessibility, and more to relevant stakeholders
- Performing research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- At least 4 years of digital design experience, preferably in the digital product space.
- Demonstrated ability to create fantastic experiences that show a show a thorough understanding of modern experience design practices and trends
- Ability to lead and mentor junior members on the team
- Experience working with Design Systems
- Comfortable presenting design and rationale to team members and stakeholders in an efficient and clear manner
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to a diverse audience that includes project contributors, cross functional disciplines, and product stakeholders
- Strong portfolio that reflects SasS product design experience and skill level
- Enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive team environment
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.