Sr. Product Manager, Machine Learning at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning?
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning to help build a world-class machine learning product. We need someone with a practical knowledge of machine learning frameworks, infrastructure, and processes necessary to build and operate machine learning models at scale. We need someone with a proven track record of driving concept ideation, roadmap development, and building out a comprehensive backlog and user stories that drive value for the business. You will work directly with product, data science, engineering, and insurance product teams to drive product expansion using machine learning in order to meet growth targets. We are looking for a natural problem solver who can work amidst ambiguity, and is able to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
This is an excellent opportunity to drive key decisions for the product you will be managing and work at the intersection of marketing, underwriting, technology and customer experiences to build world-class machine learning products. We are a small team trying to do big things. What you oversee will change as our needs change. We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and also the hardest thing you’ll do.
What will you do as a Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning?
- You will work with product, data science, engineering and insurance product teams to drive expansions of our products using machine learning across various areas of the business.
- You will own KPI and KHM development for your machine learning products, and leverage insights to find areas of improvements.
- You will partner with other leaders from Growth, Marketing, Underwriting, Compliance, and Engineering to identify business opportunities that will improve our product offering, drive roadmap development and backlog prioritization.
- You will write user stories and other supporting requirements artifacts that help engineering bring machine learning features to life while prioritizing user and business needs.
- You will guide your roadmap from requirements definition through design, launch and post-launch measure and iterate over.
- You will use data to support hypotheses and outcomes to drive roadmap priorities.
- You will work with the product leadership team to build and drive a strong product culture that understands the importance of continuous improvement and learning.
- You will report directly to the Head of Product.
What will you bring as a Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning?
- 3+ years of experience working with engineering and data science in the capacity of a product manager with focus on machine learning products.
- 3+ years of experience writing user stories that drive business value.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and data integrations (e.g., APIs, eventing infrastructure).
- Good understanding of marketing lead generation, customer acquisition and retention in the context of building B2C and B2B products.
- Proven track record of how to measure machine learning products both from a business and technical perspective.
- You are a great executor. You have a proven track record of successfully leading concept creation, discovery and delivery of a given product and product increment. You value iteration and rapid delivery. You have an obsessive attention to detail even when having to juggle multiple projects at a time.
- Proven track record of using data to drive and back-up product decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships to get the job done.
- You have the ability to manage up -- leverage functional leaders and other senior leadership to help achieve goals and deliver on product roadmap.
What are our nice-to-haves?
- Bachelor degrees in Computer Science and/or Engineering are preferred, but not necessary.
- Previous insurance experience is not needed, but is a plus.
- Experience developing machine learning products for marketing and e-commerce platforms are preferred, but not necessary.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits