Sr. Product Manager - Payment Team
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What’s a Product Manager?
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to help us create amazing payment experiences for our customers. Paying for insurance shouldn’t be hard, and getting paid fast when you have a claim should be the norm. We need you to help make both of these ambitions a reality for our customers.
We need someone who has experience building payment experiences at scale using third party merchant and payment APIs as well as experience integrating with Stripe. Additionally you should have experience with finance and account systems including journal entry systems,
This all means you need to be deeply technical and have a deep understanding of APIs, relational data models, and SQL. We are also looking for product managers who know how to move fast and help lead agile development teams by writing great user stories, data flow diagrams, and other requirements artifacts.
We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and also the hardest thing you’ll do. Still interested? Here’s what you need to know:
What will you do?
- Develop a roadmap for our billing and claims payments solutions.
- Work with a team of world class developers to lead Agile ceremonies to bring your roadmap to life
- Constantly analyze the effectiveness of your product and strive to always make it better.
- Facilitate Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning, and technical architecture meetings with the Engineering team
- Write detailed API documentation that can be shared with third parties
- Be a thorough UAT tester, validating user stories throughout the entire technology stack
- And most importantly, think like the customer and always put them first.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 3+ years as a product manager who has payment experience in an Agile Scrum Environment
- Experience with Stripe
- Know your way around a relational data model and have a high competency in SQL
- At least 2 years writing Acceptance Criteria, preferably in the form of BDD scenarios
- At least 2 years working on API driven applications and experience writing API documentation
- Natural curiosity and a passion for providing the best user experience possible
- Previous insurance experience is not needed, but is a plus.
- High levels of energy, integrity, and curiosity
- A bias for action and willingness to be accountable for your actions
- A sense of humor is also a must. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social