Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The digital transaction security product manager will work to improve transaction security standards, architecture, and implementation through cross-functional collaboration between technology, product, operations, and DGN partners on strategy, standards, design, and investments in security technology.
This person will have broad and deep knowledge and experience with digital payments, transaction security risks, DGN security technologies, industry and regulatory standards, DGN security partners, and secure design patterns.
Responsible for the specifications development, application build, testing requirements, certification program needs and delivery activities for new and emerging payment technology based solutions for card acceptance devices as well as payment devices such as chip technologies and mobile payments. Focused on understanding the client needs as well as internal product and business needs to develop the right technical product or service while managing internal and client expectations and establishing relationship with client technical teams. Manages relationships with multiple technology vendors such as card, terminal & test tool manufacturers, to enable support for the payment products and solutions. Participates as a subject matter expert in developing new standards and contributes to industry standards development.
*This role is located at the Riverwoods (IL), Phoenix (AZ), or New Albany (OH) office, and is not a 100% remote role.
- Develops technical specifications for all levels of complexity; manages development of programs and applications from high level specifications; optimizes for performance and maintainability of new payment technologies for card acceptance devices and payment devices
- Creates and maintains testing requirements, test procedures and certification program for new payment technology based products. Conducts performance and integration testing, helps analyze test results, and assists in identifying modifications or improvements
- Understands client needs and matches them to relevant services or products. Manages client expectations. Establishes and maintains networking relationships with management in client organizations
- Manages vendors and external providers to ensure delivery of the best quality services to Discover.
- Understands and communicates goals and critical success factors for various initiatives; Develops standards, templates, and procedures to aid in the development of the required work products; Designs and conducts training sessions and seminars on technical work product
- Participate and contribute to development of Industry Standards. Communicates, educates and collaborates with stakeholders about new and updated standards and specifications.
- Accountable for transaction security across digital products
- Develop standard payment security architectures and digital security patterns
- Manage the product lifecycle of transaction security technologies
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 8+ years of experience in Payment Technology R&D or similar
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Payment Technology R&D or similar
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in a related field
- Subject matter expertise on digital security competitive landscape
- Proven transaction security/authentication experience
- Product Management experience within Payment Services, including Transaction Security experience
- Familiarity with digital payment network products and associated risks and mitigations from an issuer, network, and acquiring perspective
- Knowledge of regulatory issues in key payment markets
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.