Sr. Product Manager at Pampered Chef
Purpose of the Role:
The Senior Product Manager is the lead member of our agile product teams and serves as the voice of our business, consultants, guests and customers. The PM is responsible for working with business users and other stakeholders—including other product owners and other project teams—to define and prioritize the product backlog for e-commerce and mobile tools. Ability to successfully build a business case and after project go-live, track and measure the results of their team’s effort.
- Leads product discovery, to help identify and describe requirements, and to ensure that the product backlog is ready for the next sprint planning meeting. (goal to have a 3-sprint backlog of refined stories)
- Gather and develop business requirements into epic and stories to build products that will enhance the overall platform experience. Provides task direction to Software Developers, QA Engineers , Scrum Master assigned to product team
- Defines analytics to be collected regarding the product and prioritizes their collection.
- Identifies risks, and implements mitigation and contingency plans, passionate about early mitigation or elimination of risks.
- Supervises responsibilities for task completion assigned to product team and reassigns responsibilities and resources as necessary.
- Pro-actively engages stakeholders in design, priority setting, and implementation of the project
- Builds coalitions among the various stakeholders and negotiates authority to move the project forward.
- Creates a sense of belonging and ownership among team members; delegates responsibility; promotes mutual support and interaction.
- Consults and provides advice, facilitates discussion and resolves conflict; establishes trust; builds and uses cross-functional relationships to accomplish work objectives.
- Partners with UX (Research and Designers) through rapid prototyping to test and validate concepts and product features
Competencies for Success:
- Strategic Mindset
- Decision Quality
- Manages Complexity
- Communicates Effectively
Measures of Success:
- Positive ROI in aggregate for products delivered by team
- Maintain an acceptable backlog of stories to minimize downtime of teams
- High quality software product delivered that meets desired business outcomes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline.
- 6 + years of strong demonstrable history of working closely with business operations to identify business opportunities and requirements and deliver measurable products and features that meet those needs in a role as a Product Owner and Project Manager in a software development /e-commerce environment.