Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is the Senior Product Manager?
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help build a world-class insurance product. We need someone with a practical knowledge of driving concept ideation, roadmap development, and building out comprehensive backlog and user stories that drive value for the user. You will work directly with product leadership and other functional leaders of the organization to understand user problems, come up with creative UX and product solutions to solve them, and then work with engineering to execute on the roadmap. We are looking for a natural problem solver who puts the user front and center, can work amidst ambiguity, and be willing (and able) to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
This is an excellent opportunity to drive key decisions for the product you will be managing and work at the intersection of growth, technology, underwriting, servicing and customer experiences to build a world-class insurance product. We are a small team trying to do big things. What you oversee will change as our needs change. We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and also the hardest thing you’ll do.
What will you do?
- You will work with product leadership to drive product expansion, roadmap development, and backlog prioritization.
- You will own KPI development for your product, including monitoring of qualitative and quantitative user feedback to help drive product decisions, improvements, and growth.
- You will partner with other leaders from Growth, Marketing, Underwriting, Product Design and Engineering to identify business opportunities that will improve our product offering.
- You will write user stories and other supporting requirements artifacts that help engineering bring product features to life while prioritizing user goals.
- You will guide your roadmap from requirements definition through design, launch and post-launch measure and iterate over.
- You will use data to support hypotheses and outcomes to drive roadmap priorities.
- You will work with the product leadership team to build and drive a strong product culture that understands the importance of continuous improvement and learning.
What are our must haves?
- You have 4+ years of experience working as a product manager in an agile environment with a focus on B2B and B2C products.
- You have 3+ years of experience of writing user stories that drive value for the user.
- You are a great executor. You have a proven track record of successfully leading concept creation, discovery and delivery of a given product and product increment. You value iteration and rapid delivery. You have an obsessive attention to detail even when having to juggle multiple projects at a time.
- You have a proven track record of using data to drive and back-up product decisions.
- You have a proven track record for delivery measurable results with features that you have launched.
- You’re able to communicate effectively, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships to get the job done.
- You have the ability to manage up -- leverage functional leaders and other senior leadership to help achieve goals and deliver on product roadmap.
What are our nice-to-haves?
- Bachelor candidates are preferred, but not necessary.
- Startup experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Previous insurance experience is not needed, but is a plus.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.