Sr Product Manager
RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up but with a proven track record of success.
The Sr. Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including but not limited to: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with UI/UX, development, client services, sales and marketing to ensure that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with other business groups including client services, sales, marketing and software development to
- Define product requirements
- Create product functional specifications that clearly communicate detailed functionality and architecture
- Communicate the product requirements to stakeholders and developers.
- Manage the development process
- Create wireframes that clearly convey product features and manage the development of the features.
- Manage and assist in quality assurance of the delivered products.
- 7+ years of experience working in online product management; creating innovative, customer-facing features.
- Bachelor’s in a technical related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of SQL and familiarity with general database design concepts.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- E-Commerce experience is beneficial but not required
- Graphics & Design Layout experience is beneficial but not required
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
- Experience leading a team is preferred but not required
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.