Sr Product Manager
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective by replacing yesterday’s pricey print publications with today’s more dynamic yet far less expensive digital content. Partnering with more than 400+ publishers and 640+ campuses nationwide, we offer leading-edge digital course materials and a seamless, end-to-end Content Delivery System for effectively distributing those materials.
The Sr. Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including but not limited to: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with UI/UX, development, client services, sales and marketing to ensure that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with other business groups including client services, sales, marketing and software development to
- Define product requirements
- Create product functional specifications that clearly communicate detailed functionality and architecture
- Communicate the product requirements to stakeholders and developers.
- Manage the development process
- Create wireframes that clearly convey product features and manage the development of the features.
- Manage and assist in quality assurance of the delivered products.
- 7+ years of experience working in online product management; creating innovative, customer-facing features.
- Bachelor’s in a technical related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of SQL and familiarity with general database design concepts.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- E-Commerce experience is beneficial but not required
- Graphics & Design Layout experience is beneficial but not required
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
- Experience leading a team is preferred but not required
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.