SR PRODUCT MANAGER
We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Centro is looking for Senior Technical Product Management, the successful candidate will be steeped in the world of advertising technology, with a strong connection to Engineering. The role will have a direct impact on growing the business by helping to evolve data capabilities of Basis Platform. Applicants for this role should be highly knowledgeable about digital media, big data, data warehousing, BI applications, and operational monitoring. They should also be very confident in their ability to apply their product management skills immediately. The successful candidate for this position should have a strong background in product management and software development, with a focus on service-oriented architecture and customer success.
Know the Business
- Deep understanding of online advertising, media, and Centro’s business model in particular.
- Understand the business and how each Platform solution contributes to our success.
Collaborate very closely with Engineering, QA and Operations teams
- Communicate roadmap and features clearly in writing as well as verbally, erring on the side of clarity
- Work with QA continuously to continuously maintain a high quality of software delivery for Platform
- Ensure new features can be managed and configured by the Operations team with necessary flexibility to support feature adoption and success with customers
- Support cross-functional efforts on the continuous and varying scaling needs of the Platform that arise from growth in the business
Working with Stakeholders
- Work closely with external stakeholders, integration partners and Platform clients, to gather business needs and understand the product landscape
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, senior leaders of Engineering, Product, Business, and Operations, to translate high-level business needs into manageable projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders on product development and lead the conversation in product trade-offs among stakeholders
- Be clear on task prioritization, logical sequences, and communicating those with internal stakeholders.
- Create monthly product reports, compiling updates/data from all key sources
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience working in product management with emphasis on Ad-Tech or Digital Media.
- Proven experience of driving multiple releases of one product
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with Relational Databases and SQL
- Takes full responsibility and measures themselves in terms of the success of the entire product team
- Experience writing detailed product and technical specifications
- Capable of working with engineers about technical design tradeoffs including platforms, frameworks, scalability and performance.
- Experience with entire development cycle or projects, and doing so in a fast-paced workplace
- Nice to have: Experience programming in Java, Scala or Python
- Nice to have: Experience working with Big Data technologies and workflow, including but not limited to: Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, and Impala
- Nice to have: Experience working with data collection/visualization tools such as Elasticsearch/Kibana and Graphite/Grafana
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability or any other basis protected under the law.