Sr. Technical Product Manager at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Technical Product Manager?
Are you a technical PM who has been looking to make a huge impact on a growing organization?
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to work directly with our VP of Product to help build a world-class insurance product. We need someone who has extensive experience building out comprehensive backlogs and writing user stories using Behavior Driven Development scenarios. You must be comfortable owning a backlog and running grooming and planning sessions with a development team.
We need someone who is deeply technical and understands APIs, relational data models, and can write top-notch SQL. You also will need to build solutions with developers so you must be willing to get your hands dirty in implementation details while conveying the business and product vision.
We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and also the hardest thing you’ll do. Still interested? Here’s what you need to know:
What will you do?
- Work with the VP of Product to define the product backlog and do weekly prioritization
- Write detailed User Stories with Behavior Driven Design Acceptance Criteria
- Elicit requirements from the VP of Product as well as other business stakeholders
- Facilitate Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning, and technical architecture meetings with the Engineering team
- Write detailed API documentation that can be shared with third parties
- Be a thorough UAT tester, validating user stories throughout the entire technology stack
- Be able to write and design entity relationship diagrams and be able to test them using SQL
- Think like the customer and always put them first.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5 years as a BA, product owner, or product manager in an Agile Scrum Environment
- Highly proficient in SQL
- At least 2 years writing Acceptance Criteria in the form of BDD scenarios
- At least 2 years working on API driven applications and experience writing API documentation
- Natural curiosity and a passion for providing the best user experience possible
- Previous insurance experience is not needed.
- High levels of energy, integrity, and curiosity
- A bias for action and willingness to be accountable for your actions
- A sense of humor is also a must. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- While we don't match yet, our 401(K) is pretty slick
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social