Sr Technical Product Owner – Pivotal Cloud Foundry(PCF) at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover is looking for a Senior Technical Product Owner for the Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Platform to help drive the execution of the PCF platform capabilities needed to support operationally stable, world class platform to the rest of the Enterprise Applications within Discover.
Anchored by our Discover Values, we are focused on open collaboration, teamwork, and innovation are highly valued. We align our work through agile practices and tenets, and leverage diverse backgrounds across our team members to create the best possible products for the company.
Senior Product Owner – Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
This product owner will lead the execution and delivery of capabilities across the Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) platform. In this role, you will work directly with consumers of the platform to understand the current pain points, gaps and work with product architects and consumers to establish product roadmap and drive execution.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with consumers of the platform, Engineers and Sr Leadership in leading the execution of Discover’s Strategic Cloud Platform capabilities, processes, and priorities
- Drive the vision, roadmap, strategy and execution for all the suite of products that supports the Discover’s strategic cloud platform.
- Be accountable for overall operational aspects, platform stability and availability.
- Drive the execution and delivery aspects of the product suite by collaborating with the scrum master and the teams.
A successful candidate in this role will have strong experience with product ownership in a highly technical environment with the ability to learn new technologies in the cloud and container space. This position also needs strong influencing skills and be a great active listener.
Other things you’ll need to be successful:
- Empathy for our customer’s journey and needs
- Demonstrated record of success launching successful features (preferably at enterprise level).
- Sufficient technical knowledge to understand what is possible to inform key product design decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to create
- Ability to break features down to executable stories for team execution
- Understand and drive value of Infrastructure as Code and automation principles through the team
- Ability to lead without authority.
- Comfortable with dynamic, fast paced environment with shifting priorities and ownership.
- Experience creating and delivering services in a continuous integration and deployment environment
- Experience in working with dev ops or self-service engineering teams to deploy code in production
- Clear & concise written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, self-starter, passionate and collaborative.
Qualifications You’ll Need
Bachelor's degree in business, technology, finance, engineering, or related field
4+ years of experience as product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience as experience as product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6+ years of experience as product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience as a product owner in a highly technical environment with experience establishing technical roadmaps, strategy and vision for technical products and platforms.
- Experience in leading delivery on broad enterprise initiatives, demonstrating knowledge of how to get things done in a large organization
- Excellent communication skills across wide range of business and technology audiences
- Ability to creatively overcome impediments and coach the team on continuous improvements.
- 1+ years of working with Pivotal cloud foundry (PCF) and cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP or others preferred.
- Experience with Kubernetes/Openshift is a plus.
- Basic understanding and experience of key technologies to be leveraged by the team including Java applications, CI/CD technologies, Ansible, terraform
- Understanding of observability and how to achieve reliability in a service.
- Act as a strong consumer advocate and promote strong partnership between Application Development and Platform teams to improve the adoption of the platform within the enterprise.
#LI-MF1 #Bi-Remote #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.