Staff Product Manager – Sustainability, Environment, Social, and Governance at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
And, while we’re doing all that, we’re also trying the make world a little better.
For this role in ServiceNow’s Risk Business Unit, we are seeking a relentlessly curious and passionate Product Manager who can work collaboratively across the organization and with customers to deliver the most compelling and differentiated ESG product in the market.
In addition to deep product management experience, the ideal candidate will have prior experience in GRC/IRM and/or ESG.
What you get to do in this role:
- Own the product vision. Define and execute product strategy and roadmap for the ESG product. Evangelize the vision and strategy so all internal stakeholders, customers, and analysts are aligned and have broad context in understanding where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers and provide a business perspective on value during day-to-day development by defining, designing, accepting, and adapting features and offerings.
- Drive for the best customer experience possible. Work with the development and user experience teams to deliver a world-class product driven by customers, prospects, advisory teams and internal product experts. Drive the end-to-end feature delivery cycle.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product Managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. Understanding and managing all stakeholders (internal and external) needs and expectations. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Define and prioritize a backlog of work including the creation of epics and user stories, and be data-driven in prioritizing new features, enhancements and quality improvements.
- Ensure your product is effectively used within the organization and not just by external customers.
- Stay continuously connected with the fast-evolving market landscape and use that to drive product strategy.
- Maintain a firm grasp of the competitive landscape and identify areas of differentiation.
- Measure success. Measure everything. Releasing a feature does not show success. Define what success means for each feature and each function before it even goes to development. Develop ways to constantly define and monitor success.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to produce go-to-market materials.
- Work with User Learning (help files and documentation), Training, and Support and Professional Services to assure smooth uptake of new releases.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 8 to 10 years of experience in enterprise software product management.
- Experience building products for one or more of ESG Reporting, Sustainability, Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC), Integrated Risk Mgmt. (IRM), and Environment, Health, & Safety (EHS).
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible.
- Experience working in an agile development environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience working with partners to develop product integrations.
- Comfortable delivering presentations to large audiences.
- The ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent written communication skills with a focus on translating complex issues into simple, easy to digest documents.
- A degree in Computer Science is desirable but not required
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where strong individuals will have an opportunity to grow their careers.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.