Strategic Initiatives Lead at Paylocity
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future – enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees and supervisors.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
The Strategic Initiatives Lead is an integral role in our Product Development organization. This leader serves as the connective tissue and a driver for key initiatives that are critical to scale the product line for growth in our employee and customer base. This leader will help execute programs, spanning multiple teams and categories, to successful completion. This position requires the ability to think strategically, influencing and facilitating the cooperation of others without direct management oversight. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working actively with various roles in Product & Technology and multiple Product & Technology teams to drive results across the entire Paylocity Technology portfolio.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Collaborative, flexible and driven to partner with teams and individuals in achievement of their goals
- Committed to partnering and enabling with a strong passion to help people succeed
- Someone who knows how to help others get there: teams, leaders, the organization
- Skilled and practiced at organizing and managing cross-team initiatives to successful completion
- Highly emotionally intelligent, possessing the ability to adjust style to meet the needs of the audience
- Supportive and savvy about change communication
- Proactive in communication, relationship building, gap identification, risk mitigation and all elements of initiative execution
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal talent anywhere culture, where employees can work remotely anywhere in the U.S. and/or work from one of three U.S. offices located in Illinois, Florida and Idaho
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working in an agile environment
- 3+ years of program management experience, leading initiatives that span multiple teams
- 3+ years of experience coaching, developing teams and individuals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Collaborative approach to decision-making on teams, including ability to influence without direct line of reporting
- Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills
- Experience with processes and tools supporting agile frameworks
During the last three months, you would have:
- Drove, coordinated and reported on key strategic initiatives across our product portfolio
- Enabled our teams and individuals to deliver against our customers unmet needs through coaching, facilitating and identifying opportunities for efficiency
- Facilitated communication and collaboration both within and across teams
- Promoted a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation
- Facilitated cross-organizational routines and support ongoing operational activities
- Assisted in driving process improvements to deliver better quality products for our customers
- Achieved objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans, identifying trends and driving changes
- Built relationships with stakeholders across all levels and departments
- Proactively identified areas of need and generated ideas for how those gaps can be filled