Technical Product Associate
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
What are examples of work that Technical Product Analysts have done at VillageMD?
- Lead design sessions with clinical end users and map operational best practices to technical workflows
- Design and build a workflow to outreach patients overdue for mammogram screenings
- Create automation that facilitates handoffs between care managers and other clinical staff
What will make you successful here?
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent ability to create and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage partners
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal - with the development team, internal stakeholders, and customers.
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
- You want to build amazing products to shape the healthcare ecosystem
- You understand technology and quickly see how it can solve problems
- You’re not afraid to challenge the status quo. You seek out opportunities to improve processes or tools then design, advocate and implement improvements
What you might do in your first year:
- Collaborate with SMEs to deeply understand operational workflows for care delivery
- Collaborate with physicians, site managers and/or operations to understand the appropriate information to deliver value
- Build new workflow application in Salesforce from the ground up
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to determine the best approach for feature requests (code vs. configuration)
- Work with customers and stakeholders to prioritize requests, keeping the best interests of the business in mind
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3+ years technical project/product management or other related work
- Excellent understanding of the outpatient healthcare system, including exposure to clinicals & revenue cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to convey complex technical details in meaningful business context
- Experience in analysis and implementation of clinical and financial healthcare data
- Strong capabilities in analytics tools such as Tableau, advanced Excel, or SQL
- Experience with stored queries, data modeling, dashboards, and visualization (Tableau preferred)
- Experience building business workflows both theoretically (documenting, reviewing and buliding) and practically (measurement, implementation and support).
- BS/MS in related fields.
- Configuration experience of large enterprise solutions (Salesforce, Workday, SAP, Epic, etc.)
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.