What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles-
The Technical Product Manager – Core Platform role at Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) will function as a key leader in the Product organization and will have 360 ownership of the core set of platform capabilities and shared services through Product functions that span the spectrum, from ideation-strategizing to executiondelivery and everything in between.
As Technical Product Manager of the Platform Core team, you will oversee all business-critical services and own performance and reliability as a set of key outcomes, putting a product lens and discipline on all work within the platform technology organization.
This person will establish and maintain relationships throughout the product and IT organizations, enabling the creation of fast, efficient, reusable and capable shared services and data solutions that power the omnichannel experience. Additionally, they will influence the organization on best practices, align expectations and keep stakeholders informed and connected to enhancement efforts with robust, inclusive and effective communication.
This person will be responsible for achieving a shared set business goals by enhancing the customer experience on the digital properties of Ahold Delhaize USA’s brands – Peapod, Stop & Shop, Food Lion, Giant Food, Giant/Martin’s, and Hannaford.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Own, manage and represent the product roadmap and strategic prioritization for the core platform technology group, focusing on modernization and shared services to deliver customer value
- Balance the intake of requests and ongoing prioritization and execution of enhancements, anchoring decisions on objective measures of value and strategic alignment
- Work cross-functionally to drive the modernization and feature enhancement initiative, partnering directly with the platform technology team to execute within an agile framework
- Collaborate with internal business partners to refine requirements and define enhancements, creating buy-in from other teams as necessary
- Forecast and plan capacity to ensure the platform can scale to meet customer needs
- Lead complex initiatives independently, develop a strong understanding of our customers, manage multiple concurrent projects, and identify and lead solutions that recognize significant business value
- Create and vet scope, requirements, use case/user scenarios, test case documents and design specifications
- Synthesize business requirements, identify areas of uncertainty, recommend solutions, gather buy-in from relevant stakeholders, roll solution out to team, shepherd feature through development and review code before rollout.
- Communicate platform outcomes to key stakeholders
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned
The Essentials in Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's Degree
- Direct technology experience in a digital environment in a relevant capacity
- 5+ years overall relevant experience
- 3+ years Digital experience
- 2+ years in product management
- 2+ years working in an Agile development environment and managing iteration-level deliverables
Helpful Addition in Your Cart - The optional but not less important ingredients
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from
conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Experience with agile development
- Data driven mindset and track record
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.