Technical Product Manager - Front End Development
- Partner with Product Management, Marketing and Sales to create compelling and informative feature messaging for external demos and collateral updates. Also support maintenance of product demo.
- Collaborate with UX to design mockups, prototypes, and user studies.
- Work alongside architects to define technically optimal product features.
- Work directly with development(s) teams on feature-related projects by participating in release planning and scrum activities to explain the business value and drive consensus in how we solve the business problem; responsible for accepting feature work as complete.
- Prepare and deliver compelling and informative demonstrations at bi-weekly product demonstrations with senior leadership and other forums to share what we have built with stakeholders and elicit feedback.
- Ensure what we build solves the business problem and delivers the ROI identified by interacting with customers and stakeholders throughout the planning, development and delivery process.
- Translate prioritized initiatives into detailed feature plans to deliver a product that is stable in production and satisfies scalability, reliability, performance and business goals.
- Identify personas and define use cases, epics, user workflows, detailed requirements, and user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrate and maintain product/platform expertise; specifically, in how the client uses the product and its features.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with cross-functional internal teams and external customers to understand user needs, translate findings to actionable feature planning artifacts, and prioritize the feature/defect backlog.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the competitive landscape and be able to define how a feature compares/relates to other solutions in the market.
- Establish and maintain product related metrics to inform product plans through usage and performance.
- Trend product related data to identify unnecessary complexity and other product areas that should be addressed; recommend solutions and communicate action-oriented outcomes/next steps.
- Communicate product plans and progress with internal and external stakeholders through various means.
- Regularly make product decisions that consider both market needs and technical tradeoffs.
- Write and/or review all customer related documentation for defects and features and maintain the list of known defects for their product.
- Coordinate or directly deliver messaging and training related to the feature and/or defect.
- Monitor customer portal, respond to customer queries, and post updates related to technical questions and requirements.
- Relativity product knowledge and experience.
- Must be able to anticipate, identify, and ensure resolution of possible technical and business implications of each release.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven experience in both business and technical requirements elicitation.
- Superior communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- 5 years working in a technology industry or 5 years of work experience that includes product management, business analysis, systems architecture, and/or systems development and analysis.
- Must be a “quick study”, able to quickly consume, understand, and embrace new technologies and industry changes.
- Enthusiasm for diving into the details, solving problems, and making Relativity even better.
- Customer facing experience – articulate, intelligent, strong written and verbal communicators who can build strong relationships to extract ideas, requirements, understand pain points, truly understand the needs of the customers and the industry, properly influence when needed, and get the customer excited and enthusiastic about what we’re doing.
- Roadmap experience – the ability to take the knowledge of what is needed, craft a solid strategy and vision, formalize a plan to achieve it, and drive multiple teams to make it happen.
- Demonstration experience – share the work, tell and sell the story, understand what’s been done inside and out, correctly answer any questions raised, understand the value of feedback and how to act on it.
- Agile experience – must have deep knowledge of the Agile methodology and embrace SCRUM.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong facilitation and inquiry skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Technical Communications or comparable work experience.
#LI-EH1 Relativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years. If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.