Technical Product Manager, Strategic Partnerships
We write software that delights our customers every time they interact with Discover. We’re looking for an engineering manager for the software development group that builds capabilities for our existing Discover Cardmembers. If you’re curious and want to contribute to Discover’s mission of helping customers achieve a brighter financial future, we want to hear from you!
As a Technical Product Manager for the Strategic Partnership group, your team would build capabilities that enables our customers to link their Discover card on mobile devices and external merchant partners.
What you’ll do:
- Iterate with product managers in an agile environment to bring features from idea to launch
- Accountable for the product pipeline (feature backlog) and the delivery of these features
- Work with product teams to ensure high quality and timely output
- Promote simplicity in solving complex problems across systems and teams as we scale
- Communicate the product vision and strategy to the product teams
- Partner with architects to maintain alignment across the product and technical roadmaps
- Manage product budget
- Coach team to reduce unnecessary risk and foster a culture of continuous learning
Who you are:
- Have 6+ years of previous experience in leading developers and a role in software/product development
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement.Utilizes tools to support data driven decision making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.Consults with management in the analysis of short and long range business requirements and recommends innovations.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.