Technical Product Manager
At Edovo, our mission is to help everyone connected to incarceration build better lives. We’ve created a secure digital platform to expand education behind bars, reduce recidivism and to support the vocational, rehabilitation and communication needs of the 2.2 million people in jails and prisons. Users have access to thousands of hours of self-guided learning materials. Upon release, our learners have the option to continue their progress on the outside. Edovo offers courses in subjects ranging from basic literacy and GED to career exploration and cognitive behavioral therapy. We’re also building tools to keep people in touch with jobs, social services, friends, and family. Our team is committed to supporting opportunities for justice-involved people.
Don’t take it just from us. Awards, publications, grants, and partnerships all around the country are recognizing the momentum and impact of Edovo. A select few: Global EdTech Startup Champion in London out of 1,000+ competitors; GIIRS Platinum Rating for social impact; MacArthur Foundation Grant Award Winner; Forbes article feature; Chicago Community Trust grant award winner; Impact Engine portfolio member; SXSW Civic Tech Innovation Pitch Competition runner-up; Chicago Innovation "Up and Comer" Award winner; and so much more.
Check out a brief picture of our program from the perspective of the people who use it. Visit Edovo on Vimeo for more.
As a Technical Product Manager at Edovo, you will get an opportunity to contribute in every stage of the product life cycle. Your work will be a mix of strategic and tactical responsibilities. Your primary duties will be analyzing, prioritizing, and writing requirements for bugs and feature requests, managing the product development and launch efforts, and acting as an escalation point to Sales and Customer Support. You will also support the Principal Product Strategist in the development of the product roadmap.
General Job Responsibilities
- Assist in creating and managing the product roadmap
- Collect feedback from customers and internal staff, and turn it into future roadmap items
- Manage the product development life cycle and launch new products internally
- Be the product expert at Edovo, and support the Sales and Customer Support departments
- Manage educational content and our existing content partners
- A passion for Edovo’s mission and are excited to learn from, and solve challenges with, our constituents by working with incarcerated learners, friends & family of the incarcerated, and jail staff
- Bring a collaborative problem-solving spirit to your work
- Focused and able to prioritize tasks independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and are able to translate complex business requirements into technical language
- Understand UI/UX methodologies and are excited to make Edovo’s user experience better
- At least two years experience as a product manager, business analyst, or technical project manager at a technology-based company, with demonstrated success in defining and launching products
- Prior experience working in or volunteering with organizations focused on rehabilitation, restorative justice, or social equality
- Experience in adult education
- Basic understanding of SQL
- UX prototyping experience
- Background in design principles
- Ability to synthesize actionable insights from complex data sets
- Location: Chicago, IL or remote
- Salary: Commensurate with experience, equity will be included in compensation
- Department: Role reports to Principal Product Strategist
Travel while COVID restrictions are in place is limited. Once back to normal, travel is expected to be up to 25%. The amount of travel required for this position may vary with time.
No excessive physical demands required.
Edovo is an impact driven private company. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace and fully paid benefits for team members and their families. We hire tenacious, innovative and passionate people and give them opportunities to grow and succeed.
Teams with bold missions need diverse ideas to generate the most impact. For that reason, Edovo is committed to building diverse and inclusive work spaces. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. And yes, we believe in second chances.