Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $3 billion of assets; we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
- Technical product ownership of the post trade clearance and settlement platform. This means being able to clearly formulate and articulate the business value to and intent(s) of underlying product initiatives.
- Help define and prioritize the product roadmap, conduct planning sessions and grooming for a backend engineering team responsible for multiple work streams
- Extrapolate and document complex business logic from software. Break down projects into executable tasks with Engineering leads
- Gather technical requirements, create specifications and workflow documents for product and feature release/ deployment.
- Partner with key stakeholders - notably, Trading, Operations and strategy to support strategic goals and business initiatives.
- Define, measure, and report on progress, status and product KPIs to leadership and stakeholders, while continuously measuring the effectiveness of the team efforts.
- Trusted partner to and enabler of technology. Big picture and ability to answer day-to-day product questions from engineers to guide build and implementation
- Develop tools and processes to improve team efficiency and speed
- Identify and implement ways to improve the systems scalability and functionality.
- 5+ years working in technical product management or software engineering at software or financial services company
- Knowledge of technical microservices architecture
- Experience with trading, order execution, clearance and settlement processing platforms
- Knowledge of SQL and/or data modeling and analysis tools
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality and tested software on-time and often
- An open mind, flexibility around testing new approaches and the ability to harness failures and turn them into wins
- Interrogate problems and works out solutions from first principles with structured thinking.
- Adaptable, self-starter, goal-oriented, and growth-minded.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator.
- Degree in computer science or relevant software development experience a bonus
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
- Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits to our actions
- Team oriented: In working together, we maintain low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud if our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to tour values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym