TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER
We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT AND ENGINEERING TEAM
At Centro, we’ve always been about making people’s lives better—from our employees to our clients. Today, we’re building a unified platform to execute every digital media advertising transaction, thus providing a new level of automation and intelligence in ad tech. This is an enormous task that will disrupt an industry and improve the lives of those who work within it.
To do this, we’re aggressively growing our team of engineers, product developers and designers. We are imaginative, passionate, determined and relentless in our efforts. Of course, we are fascinated by the complexity of engineering problems at this scale—it’s what brings bright minds together. But what keeps us coming back (and why we love coming to work everyday) is the chance to improve how work gets done: freeing up people’s time so that they can dream bigger and make life better.
Come build something amazing with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Centro is looking for an enthusiastic and highly talented individual to join our team working on the Basis Platform. As a Manager of Technical Product Management, the successful candidate will be steeped in the world of advertising technology, with a strong connection to Engineering. The role will have a direct impact on growing the business by helping to evolve data capabilities of Basis Platform. Applicants for this role should be highly knowledgeable about big data, data warehousing, BI applications, and operational monitoring. They should also be very confident in their ability to apply their product management skills immediately. The successful candidate for this position should have a strong background in product management and software development, with a focus on service-oriented architecture and customer success.
Lead Excellence in the Technical Product Management practice
- Be a hands-on manager to a team of technical product managers and guide them toward solutions for both business and technical challenges
- Develop the vision, strategy, and execution for all Data, BI and Reporting components of the Platform
- Provide product management expertise using the Agile (Scrum) methodology
- Provide guidance and leadership to other product managers on product requirements gathering, development, testing, rollout, support, and sun-setting
- Lead the internal monitoring, operational control, and business intelligence systems of the Platform
- Help identify and execute on technology evolutions to improve Platform capabilities
- Be hands-on to improve the definition of the feature, perform proof-of-concept testing and/or provide data where necessary to support recommendations
- Help structure and grow the team as the platform expands
- Managed a talented team of the technical product managers focused on data
Collaborate very closely with Engineering, QA and Operations teams
- Communicate roadmap and features clearly in writing as well as verbally, erring on the side of clarity
- Work with QA continuously to continuously maintain a high quality of software delivery for Platform
- Ensure new features can be managed and configured by the Operations team with necessary flexibility to support feature adoption and success with customers
- Support cross-functional efforts on the continuous and varying scaling needs of the Platform that arise from growth in the business
Working with Stakeholders
- Work closely with external stakeholders, integration partners and Platform clients, to gather business needs and understand the product landscape
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, senior leaders of Engineering, Product, Business, and Operations, to translate high-level business needs into manageable projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders on product development and lead the conversation in product trade-offs among stakeholders
- Be clear on task prioritization, logical sequences, and communicating those with internal stakeholders.
- Create monthly product reports, compiling updates/data from all key sources
Know the Business
- Gain a deep understanding of online advertising economics, and Centro’s business model in particular.
- Strong awareness and knowledge of direct competitors to ensure that Centro’s product offerings are leaders in the Ad-tech landscape
- Understand the business and how each Platform solution contributes to our success.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience working in product management with emphasis on technology
- 2+ years experience managing teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Preference for Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Proven ability to manage a team of product managers and delegate appropriate workload according to each product manager’s domain of expertise
- Takes full responsibility and measures themselves in terms of the success of the entire product team
- Experience writing detailed product and technical specifications
- Capable of working with engineers about technical design tradeoffs including platforms, frameworks, scalability and performance.
- Experience with entire development cycle or projects, and doing so in a fast-paced workplace
- Strong knowledge and experience with Relational Databases and SQL
- Nice to have: Experience programming in Java, Scala or Python
- Nice to have: Experience working with Big Data technologies and workflow, including but not limited to: Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, and Impala
- Nice to have: Experience working with data collection/visualization tools such as Elasticsearch/Kibana and Graphite/Grafana
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability or any other basis protected under the law.