Technical Product Manager at Signal
Technical Product Manager
What we’re looking for:
Signal is looking for a Technical Product Manager to lead the development of advertising technology product initiatives from beginning to end. This role requires deep involvement with engineering teams & requires a strong technical background.
This role is right for you if you are:
- Comfortable with REST API fundamentals, including reading technical documentation
- Able to quickly translate highly technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience writing technical specs and validating new product features through user interfaces as well as command line tools
- Comfortable working with clients and partners both inside and outside of Signal
- An independent worker who is proactive and transparent
- Enjoys digging into complex, ambiguous ecosystems and asking questions
- Bonus points for:
- Working knowledge in web browser technology and web development best practices
- Experience working in an Agile development framework
- A good understanding of SOAP or other interchange protocols
- Experience working with AWS products
- Experience working with relational or non-relational databases, even peripherally
- Understanding of programmatic advertising & their technologies
So, what would you be doing?
- Unify hooks into various external platforms into a cohesive user experience.
- Translate high-level business requirements into product requirements.
- Lead discussions with external engineering teams to create technical product specs
- Lead planning, development, and launch of new Signal products and capabilities.
- Work with development & QA to build and test new features
- Establish a shared vision across Signal to prioritize and manage your team’s backlog
- Clearly communicate the roadmap to internal and external parties
- Present new products to partners and train users on how to work with them to increase adoption
- Work in our Chicago office and experience life at a high-growth marketing tech company.
What do we need from you?
- 2+ years of experience working in product management or related fields
- Must have knowledge and experience with API documentation & testing
- Experience writing product and technical specifications
- A track record of executing on product roadmaps, including making design tradeoffs and prioritizing feature work
- You have a keen sense of organization, and an innate ability to keep multiple projects with changing priorities on track
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What’s in it for you?
You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.