Technical Product Manager at Origami Risk
Who We Are
Origami Risk is a wildly successful provider of integrated SaaS solutions for the risk and insurance industry—from insured corporate and public entities to brokers and risk consultants, insurers, third party claims administrators (TPAs), and risk pools.
Origami Risk delivers a full suite of risk management and insurance core system solutions from a single secure, cloud-based platform. A singular focus on helping clients achieve their business objectives underlies Origami Risk’s approach to developing, implementing, and supporting our technology solutions.
Founded in 2009 by Risk Management Information System (RMIS) industry veterans, over the past decade Origami Risk has received more than two dozen awards for service excellence, technology innovation, and workplace culture. In addition to inclusion in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America, Origami Risk also has been repeatedly recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work” and Best and Brightest® Companies To Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR).
Making a Difference
We have an immediate opening for a technical product expert who will join our growing Product Team. This individual needs to be a well-rounded Product Manager, but will initially focus on developing and implementing a plan to improve and maintain our product documentation, including client communications with each release.
- Understand both customer and internal service needs, industry requirements, and competitive positioning
- Review and prioritize incoming enhancement requests and defects; help define and communicate Product Roadmap
- Write user stories and define acceptance criteria; work closely with Development Team to deliver stories
- Effectively communicate product and feature vision both internally and externally
- Create and own long-term strategy for product documentation, including release notes
- Assist with compiling and writing product documentation
- Analyze and report on product documentation initiative status
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or relevant field of study
- Strong eye for detail and consistency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills + presentation skills
- Experience with technical writing
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to drive for results
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively across the organization and lead through influence
- Ability to prioritize and change direction quickly
- Experience leading a technical writing team and product documentation strategy (best tools, practices, pitfalls, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to think from both a strategic and tactical perspective
- Risk and insurance industry experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills going from the customer to how the technology works; ability to quickly translate customer opportunity or need into product and technology requirements
- Experience with product specifications and information gathering
- Experience managing product cycles (in a SaaS based model)
- Quality Assurance background is a plus
U.S. Work Authorization is required.
Origami Risk is a drugfree work place. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V