Technical Product Owner - Mobile Quality delivery at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Currently seeking thoughtful, well-rounded technical product owner to be part of Business Technology – Mobile Quality delivery team. In this role, the individual will work in a highly technical agile team that handles automation of Discover mobile application build, test and deployment. The individual will be required to foster collaboration and provide thought leadership while driving the development of fully automated pipeline to accelerate mobile feature delivery
What You’ll Do
- Partners with agile team to deliver customer and business value through product features.
- Lead the efforts to develop product vision, objectives and key results.
- Develop, maintain, and present product roadmap(s).
- Partner with Sr product owner and technical lead to develop features and user stories for continuous planning cycles.
- Develops user stories from prioritized features. Writes acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensures that user stories meet the Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in the system.
- Ensures the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized.
- Reviews and accepts user stories.
- Collaborates with agile teams to follow through on business priorities and visions
- Provides status updates to the business and management
- Present regularly to our internal customer base and survey satisfaction levels.
How You’ll Do it
- Effective partnership and building relationships with business leaders and management.
- Manage and prioritizes sprint backlogs, including assisting in sprint and feature grooming.
- Empower decisions regarding functionality and priority in the sprint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Information Technology or Finance, or Engineering
- 2 + years experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT or related
- In lieu of degree, 4+ years as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT or related
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience working with automation solutions like Appium or similar scripting frameworks
- Experience in leading technical brainstorming / ideation sessions and translating the output of these sessions into product features.
- Demonstrated leadership in identifying and facilitating resolution of requirement, process and project issues.
- High level understanding of mobile app development, testing , pipelines and mobile app deployment.
- 4+ years experience as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT or related
#LI-SY1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.