Technical Product Owner, Web Platform
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Who are we looking for?
A Technical Product Owner who will drive the direction of APIs within Discovers web platform.
What is the Web Platform team at Discover?
The team is responsible for designing and building a collection of new APIs to drive Discovers digital banking applications. These APIs will make up a variety of products on the web platform. The products will be built to be cloud native . Business feature teams will consume these products to decouple common functionality from the apps business logic.
What are the top two challenges for the team?
- Reusability. Our customers rely on digital for Card and Bank servicing. Discovers Card and Bank digital presence relies on a blend of monolithic apps and modernized microservices. Many of the apps arent natively built to support the future. As we build web platform capabilities, like Navigation and Authorization, they need to be reusable across all of Discovers banking product teams.
- Simplicity. Besides making the web platforms products reusable, they need to be simple to consume . Customer features will be built and deployed by teams leveraging the platform.
What else should you know about the team?
- You will use ScrumXP for product development. Engineers will use paired programming to build the products.
- You will join a 100% onsite team comprised of around 8 people
- You will use a MacBook Pro
- Develops user stories from prioritized features. Leads efforts to attain product vision and objectives. Writes acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensures that user stories meet the Definition of Ready ( DoR ) and are updated in the system.
- Partners with team to deliver customer and business value through product features.
- Manages and prioritizes sprint backlogs.
- Collaborates with agile teams to follow through on business priorities and visions.
- Empowers decisions regarding functionality and priority in the sprint. Approves each user story during the sprint.
- Provides status updates to the business and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of product management and/or software development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience building, consuming, and supporting APIs
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!