Technical Project Manager
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
We are looking for intellectually curious and highly motivated technical project managers who thrive in fast-paced startup environment to join our team. The Technical Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to deliver projects to completion. This person will work closely with business stakeholders, engineering leaders and product managers to execute high impact technical projects.
What you do at Avant:
- Provide guidance and direction required for meeting project objectives
- Facilitate discussions with stakeholders and resolve blockers
- Facilitate sprint planning and retrospective
- Lead scrum teams with a focus on ensuring successful implementation
- Track sprint progress and provide ongoing communication to stakeholders and leadership
- Manage project scope, timeline and resourcing
- Maintain an organized project using project management tools (e.g., JIRA)
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Strong understanding of agile software development life cycle methodology
- 2+ years of technical project management experience
- Prior experience managing multiple scrum teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong collaborator and willingness to go above and beyond
- Familiarity with agile software management and collaboration tools like GitHub, JIRA, HipChat, etc.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description