Technical Team Lead (Product Development)
Job Description Summary
The Technical Lead on the CCC consumer team will be responsible for driving the technical designing and development of new consumer facing application software and related application components. He or she will lead the application and database design, walk the product owner and developers through the design and drive and support them with development and testing activities. The right candidate will assist with tracking performance metrics and integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities. This role is a key contributing role in a complex and crucial environment and may lead teams of developers and mentor new team members.
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!
Drive the architecture and technical design of application components.
Hands on technical development of complex application features, from back to front end.
Drive and ensure code quality and ensure testing guidelines are met.
Ability to look beyond the status quo and identify areas of constant change / improvements.
- Manage release schedule and ensure on-time delivery of software components to production.
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to identify functional and non-functional requirements
- Showcase strong technical expertise and leadership throughout the delivery process and provide guidance with regards to best practices, procedures, and techniques
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters, while giving and accepting feedback and constructive criticism
- Work with Quality Assurance and Product Owner teams to ensure that software products meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences
- Resolve production defects and issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related work experience
- At least 7+ years of experience in software development with hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and strong understanding of MVC, Core Java, Design Patterns
- Extensive experience in business object modeling, data modeling and application architecture.
- Extensive experience in unit testing, unit testing frameworks, and unit testing methodologies
- Extensive experience in a pattern-based approach to software design. Strong knowledge of software patterns
- Experience with building scalable platforms and automation tooling
- Experience working on relational databases and applications servers.
- Experience with infrastructure performance tuning and capacity provisioning
- Experience building and maintaining high capacity and high throughput computing platforms
- Knowledge in behavioral testing, behavioral testing frameworks, and behavioral testing methodologies
- Able to interact comfortably with all levels
- Comfortable with hands-on detailed work as well as high level of analysis and thinking
- Proactive and Detail Oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and apply own initiative.
- Quality-oriented with focus on product delivery
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities