Vice President, Platform Data and Decisioning Products at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Vice President, Platform Data and Decisioning Products will have oversight of the platform products (MarTech, EDP, etc.) organization. This leader will be responsible for providing the vision, direction, and leadership for foundational and data and decisioning products utilized by Discover's business units which includes driving end to end solutions that meet customer needs.
A product orientation and servant leader at the core, this executive is responsible for ensuring consistent and appropriate delivery of data and decisioning products and services to support the diverse needs of Discovers lines of business. This role is also responsible for building and maintaining a highly effective product leadership team, including leadership of all product area leader directors, product managers and product owners. This Vice President will also need to effectively collaborate and negotiate with other leaders in all areas of Discover.
Analytic Product Delivery
- Accountable for delivering on end to end data and decisioning product vision and roadmap in line with overall business and DNA Strategy
- Ensure maximum value and high quality delivery of data and decisioning products
- Ensure consistency of delivery across data and decisioning product areas
- Establish and track to appropriate OKRs to measure delivery performance and quality
- Responsible for managing the data and decisioning product budget/financials
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to product area directors and their teams
- Attract, onboard and develop/retrain talent to achieve the strongest product area leadership team possible
- Foster a culture of excellence and continuous learning within the product families
- Partner with DNA and line of business leaderships to ensure products have teams with the appropriate skills and capabilities to deliver high quality products to our consumers
- Manage and align vendors to data and decisioning product roadmap and service levels
Product Marketing and Advocacy
- Frequently interface with business lines to understand near long term needs and identify opportunities for initiatives to drive value and efficiency
- Ensure consistent feedback mechanisms are in place to measure customer satisfaction and to capture potential new requirements/enhancement opportunities
- Identify opportunities to increase utilization and adoption of products and features and work with product area directors to implement adoption and advocacy plans
- Contribute to DNA Strategic Roadmap
- Comfortable with concepts, technologies, operating models, and architectures of multiple data and decisioning products to anticipate future trends and data and decisioning capability needs, as well as being able to effectively challenge other leaders as needed
- Develop own coaching and leadership skills to stay in-line with industry trends and internal demand
- Ensure consistency of product management and share common practices and challenges across all Product Teams
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field required. Higher education preferred
- 12+ years of experience in application development, computer systems, statistics, product management, analytics or data management
- In lieu of a degree, 15+ years of experience in application development, computer systems, statistics, product management, analytics or data management required.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.