Vice President of Product
At TopstepTrader, we’re creating opportunities to fulfill our vision - where the world where goes to safely engage in and profit from financial markets. We are a team of passionate individuals who work fast and continuously optimize our products to reach more and more traders worldwide. As we continue to grow and become the market leader in our space, we need a senior strategist to create and lead our product playbook.
Topstep is seeking our first Vice President of Product who is a big-picture thinker and has a growth mindset that can drive the organization towards fulfilling our vision. This is a high-touch role that involves listening and collaborating inside and outside the company walls to help us expand our addressable market. We’re looking for someone who has a proven track record of creating and taking products to the next level.
If you're looking for a company where you can have a real impact in the FinTech industry and be part of an award-winning culture, join us in transforming our space!
Excited about this opportunity? Read on.
The Role, along with everything you’d expect
- You will be joining a talented and growing team, and a successful B2C product already in the market
- You'll play a big role in growing the business and our products by analyzing the competitive landscape, identifying the whitespace and then creating the strategy to help us move into these areas
- We believe that innovation never sleeps and to live by this value, we need to continuously and rapidly test, iterate and learn. We won’t always get it right, so as VP of Product, we’ll look to you to ensure we make mistakes quickly and mitigate risks throughout the process
- Work closely with our department leaders and executive team to define what the future of our products looks like
- Identify new business and partnership opportunities that enhance our traders’ experience
- Create and manage a cohesive product strategy and roadmaps for our portfolio of products based on what we can do, what we want to do and what we need to do to achieve our goals
- Lead and manage the Product team according to our company values. This includes monthly one-on-one meetings, mentorship, professional development goals and overall performance toward achieving business goals
The Ideal Candidate
- 15+ years of experience in product management, with 8+ years of experience leading, developing and recruiting a high-performing Product team
- Demonstrated success bringing new products to market. Being passionate about building new products that engage and resonate with traders is a must
- Strong collaboration and problem solving skills. You take a solutions-oriented approach to challenges and dive enthusiastically into problem solving. You should be able to truly understand and articulate the areas of opportunity and collaborate across the organization to address
- Strong grasp of all product disciplines. We expect you to understand the entire product lifecycle including UX, technical architecture, data analytics and product management
- Motivated and excited to lead cross-functional teams and drive strategy. We have a team of people focused on today, tomorrow, next week, and next quarter. We need a leader who is excited about years two, three and four for our products and helps to guide toward achieving that vision
- Passion for user experience and knowledge about how to create and consistently improve it, using quantitative and qualitative data. Our users are the center of our work and we care about their experience in all situations and decisions
- Experience within a start-up environment preferred. We are a growth-stage company, but we run lean and move fast. As such, you will play a key role in guiding how to best leverage our resources and energy
- Willing and eager to play an active role in recruiting a diverse team. We believe diverse people and ideas result in better business, and look to our leaders to help with our diversity efforts
- Competitive salary and profit bonus
- 401(k) plus match, to help plan for your future
- Generous paid family leave, plus flexible ramp up period upon return, and extra PTO days
- Access to senior management and mentoring opportunities
- Monthly team Innovation Labs, which contribute to long term strategic decisions
- Vacation bonus, when you take off 5 consecutive days to fully clock out
- #TopstepTravel, a semi-regular raffle for luxury accommodations in a variety of cities
- Professional development budget, provided for continuing education, training, and workshops
- Employee Assistance Program, for when you need some professional support in your personal life
- Company parties and outings, happy hours and catered lunches, breakfast and snack bar
- Annual company-wide Step Up Day, a day spent giving back to our community
- Graceful Leave Policy
- Casual work environment and dress code
- Summer Friday (flexible) hours
- Opportunities to work from home
- Pre-tax spending accounts, for your dependent and health care needs plus transportation
- Paid time off (starting at 15 days, increasing annually), plus paid holidays, paid sick days, and paid volunteer hours
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
Is TopstepTrader the place for you? If so, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
TopstepTrader is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, or any other basis protected under the law.