Visibly is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012 with a vision to create a world where eye care is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to develop digital technologies that increase access and choice while partnering with doctors and retailers to create awesome patient experiences. Visibly launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
Visibly is seeking Vision Scientists to help our advance the innovative technologies that led us to create the world's first online eye exam. You will collaborate with Product and Engineering to prototype new eye tests and vision testing experiences, analyze large data sets collected through user testing, and apply vision science principles to validate novel approaches to industry problems. Your work will help broaden our technology, patent portfolio, and service offering.
What You'll Need
- Degree is vision science, optics, or engineering preferred, but the exact degree and years of experience doesn't matter
- Experience with sophisticate data analysis methodologies and tools using R, Stata, Matlab, SQL, or similar tools
- Experience with software prototyping
- Strong analytic and data-driven decision-making skills
- Excellent written, verbal and oral presentation skills
- To be a self-starter who loves to identify new ideas and take action
- Work from anywhere, but be available via Slack and video conferencing
Bonus If You Have It
- Experience with computer vision, AR, or VR toolsets
- Experience working in healthcare or a startup environment
- Experience with web or mobile development
Just like our patients, we treat our employees with the utmost care. In addition to competitive compensation, equity packages, and performance driven bonuses, working here is on par with the most exciting employers on the market.
- Option to enroll in health insurance medical, dental and vision programs for full-time employees, with portion of premium subsidized by the company
- Options to enroll in Health Saving Account, Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Free eye prescriptions from our system
- Option to enroll in company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.