WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro's Product team guides the innovation and development of our comprehensive tech platform, Basis. This team blends focus, collaboration, and creativity to fulfill our mission in creating a transformative tool that makes work more streamlined and fulfilling for those who power the ad tech industry.
The Engine Product team leads our transaction-level and event-level systems to power media buying & measurement. These are high-speed high-scale systems that see a good portion of all internet traffic through the advertising opportunities available, and also the user journey events on our customers’ sites. This team provides the most deep & critical product capabilities and data collection, creating a leading total product offering when combined with the broader Basis application and platform services systems.
WAY YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the VP, Product (Engine) will be steeped in the world of advertising technology and will have a direct impact on the business by evolving our product for the growing needs of existing clients, while also building towards new market opportunities. This is a hands-on role that will include day-to-day product management, functional leadership and strategic planning. The VP, Product will partner closely with other Product and Tech stakeholders within the company. You’ll also contribute by:
- Building a team of highly capable Technical Product Managers as subject matter experts on backend product capabilities
- Empowering your product managers who work with engineering and QA to achieve the highest possible quality on the initial delivery of features
- Providing clear direction and career development support for your entire team
- Building deep expertise in product capabilities across the team, and promote internal knowledge sharing through presentations and documentation
- Providing direction around the backend platform strategy from concept to execution, and support teams in building the execution plans
- Staying current on competitive capabilities and technology system best practices, and bringing those insights to inform team and product leaders
- Leading product management function, driving product planning and creating an outcome-driven product roadmap that aligns with company and product goals
- Determining product needs by working with leaders across the company and supporting the product vision
- Identifying roadmap items through opportunities that result from industry working groups and partner capability changes
- Collaborating with Engineering and Production Operations to identify system needs and related hardware investment to support the longer-term roadmap
- Leading the conversation with stakeholders in trade-offs when facing multiple options, and enable these stakeholders to also be successful with the selected path forward
- Taking positions on important issues related to the product and our industry
- Contributing to business development and partnerships within the industry ecosystem
- Collaborating with technology teams, translating product requirements into technical stories, and ensuring delivery of a quality product
- Leading the team in building deeply thoughtful product requirements documents, that are grounded in data and on analysis of the impact of other systems and features, while also being connected to user-level and business-level impact
- Monitoring the performance/adoption level of your product, and identify appropriate monitoring into the product requirements to be built. Leverage monitoring to develop further recommendations that would drive appropriate feature performance, efficiency, and usage with our customers
- Ensuring new features can be managed and configured by the Operations team to support feature adoption and success with customers
- Supporting cross-functional efforts on the continuous and varying scaling needs of the product that arise from growth in the business
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 10+ years of diversified leadership roles within product at large B2B SaaS companies or trading firms
- Proven experience and strong understanding of software product experience (agile/scrum experience beneficial)
- Proven ability to synthesize complex technical information, and then design strategies, solutions, workflows and procedures which can then be adopted by stakeholders
- Skilled at partnering with VP and C-level executives in driving product decision-making
- Superior strategic, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, clients, and employees
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with integrity and ambition
- At least 5 years in a technical role that interfaces with a DSP
- Master’s degree in product, business, or engineering
- International business and product experience
- Experience managing and building remote teams without sacrificing culture
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.