VP of Product
SilkRoad is the world's leader in strategic onboarding for global workforce readiness and transformation. We help organizations prepare their people for change by designing intentional, personalized journeys to increase retention and maximize agility throughout their careers. SilkRoad combines our leading strategic onboarding capabilities with world-class consulting services to deliver highly scalable, personalized experiences that engage employees and drive long-term business performance such as productivity, profitability, growth and agility.
SilkRoad is seeking a VP of Product to own the vision and direction of SilkRoad products and services. As part of the Product Development team, the VP Product will be involved in defining and communicating product strategy and requirements to the rest of the organization for the successful delivery of SilkRoad services and applications.
Your contributions to SilkRoad will include:
- Representing the customer in the organization; working with product managers and head of development to ensure that they consider the customer at every stage of product development.
- Working with executives, Sales, Services, Support, and Development to define vision and direction for all SilkRoad's product capabilities; ensuring that the entire company understands the vision and direction.
- Asking the hard questions to ensure product deliverables focus on meeting product purpose and goals.
- Managing, coaching, mentoring and working with product managers to define stories for the development teams that are aligned with the product vision and direction.
- Bringing together Sales, Services, Support, and Development to work together to improve SilkRoad products and the customer experience.
- Setting products and the company on a course to stay relevant and valuable.
- Proficient with cloud software development and agile development practices.
- Proficient in developing strong teams of product managers and designers.
- Ability to draw on product experience and industry knowledge to define product vision and direction.
- Experience communicating product strategy to all levels of organization.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams across the organization.
- Expert on modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development process.
- Ability to work well on personal level with executives, and heads of Sales, Services, Support, and Development.
- Ability to instill a string product culture across the company.
- Minimum 10 years experience product management of commercial software, preferably in a cloud environment.
- Minimum 3 years experience defining and communicating product strategy.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing and developing teams of product managers and designers.
- Strong background in cloud software technology.
- Experience with Talent Management software is a plus.
- Understanding of economics and dynamics of cloud Talent Management business.