VP of Product
VP of Product
Bluecrew - Chicago, IL
Founded in 2015, Bluecrew is an on-demand staffing technology platform exclusively for flexible W2 work. Job seekers turn to Bluecrew for sustainable and reliable employment that fits their schedules across a broad range of industries including warehousing, logistics, e-commerce, events, delivery, and hospitality.
Bluecrew is disrupting the traditional staffing model (an industry worth $130 billion which is almost exclusively offline) with a mobile-first platform that offers workers control, flexibility, and protection, while instantly connecting them to high quality, short and long-term employment opportunities. Unlike gig economy platforms, all Crew Members are W2 employees of Bluecrew, receiving benefits and protections like minimum wage, overtime, sick pay, and workers' compensation. Bluecrew is headquartered in Chicago with a presence in markets nationwide and is owned and operated by IAC.
We are looking for a VP of Product with exceptional communication skills and demonstrated experience leading and growing product teams. This person will work closely with senior leadership to help set the product roadmap and will collaborate across the organization and with our users to build products that will delight our customers.
- Managing the Bluecrew product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
- Overseeing the product team and their development
- Engaging with other teams to define expectations while balancing conflicting demands and timelines
- Helping with product sprint planning and analysis of the impacts of new feature implementation
- Communicating relevant updates across Bluecrew team
- Establishing processes to help streamline communication and product delivery speed
- Reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver successful product features
- Research, identify and prioritize new opportunities for Bluecrew to innovate on behalf of our customers (helping to define our product roadmap)
- 8+ years of experience in product management and execution
- 3-5+ years of experience growing and managing a product team at a high growth start-up
- Experience owning and bringing products to market from inception to release
- Experience with A/B testing and data-driven testing/impact measurement
- Experience with mySQL
- Experience with Agile development and sprint planning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- A keen eye for good UX/UI design
- Attention to detail and a proactive self-starter
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Ability to make important decisions quickly, and adjust planning and communications when needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.