VP of Product at HealthJoy
Why our work matters
The healthcare industry is notoriously difficult to navigate. One third of the over $3 trillion spent on healthcare annually results from this complexity, and more than half of Americans don’t get care because of the price tag. Our mission is to simplify the healthcare experience in a way that provides access to better care at a lower cost.
Since 2014, HealthJoy has been committed to revolutionizing the way people access healthcare. Through an easy to use app that brings together healthcare information and on-demand help, we enable people to be more informed and confident when making decisions about their healthcare. It’s no small feat, but our work makes a significant difference in people’s lives.
Our team has compassion and energy for the problems we are solving. We hold ourselves accountable and deliver on ambitious, meaningful goals. Putting egos aside, we commit to doing what it takes to bring positive changes to our users. Everyone plays a role.
Together we are building the future of healthcare. Join us!
Your role in our mission
HealthJoy is looking for a VP of Product to shepherd the core value creation for our members and customers. Through deep empathy, intelligence, and grit, you will be diving deep into the hardest, most complex challenges of the healthcare experience and at the same time lead our product cycle through its current phase of hyper growth. Reporting directly into our CEO, you will work collaboratively across the team to expand and execute our current product roadmap.
What You’ll Accomplish
- You will lead and grow a team of Product Directors, Product Managers and Product Owners, in collaboration with technology teams, to deliver exceptional experiences to our members, customers, and partners
- Driving the execution of our product roadmap, you will ensure our members are making faster, better healthcare decisions and our customers see an increased ROI from our platform
- You will inspire within HealthJoy - pushing our engineers, salespeople, and other internal stakeholders to be fully aligned with the future of the HealthJoy products.
- You will be a part of a highly collaborative cross-functional team and will partner with engineering, sales, customer success, and operations to drive the strategy of our product within a high growth, mission driven SaaS company.
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management and a proven track record of shipping complex products that delivered exceptional results
- Phenomenal communication skills and proven ability to build relationships of empathy, trust, and respect with other team members, stakeholders, customers, and partners.
- Experience in leading, coaching, and inspiring Product Owners and Product Managers as direct reports
- Grit. There isn’t a playbook for this position. We need someone who can come in, learn the lay of the land, and create a plan - and then constantly reassess and evolve as our rapidly growing business does, too.
- Deep empathy. Our users come to us for the hard problems. You will be responsible for developing an experience that guides members through the thick of it, which requires a depth of understanding and compassion.
- Technical Navigation. As the hub for how members interact with healthcare, you will need to be adept at navigating APIs, data, and technical documentation in varying degrees of complexity.
- Experience managing product roadmaps for a high growth SaaS company
- Experience managing the GTM of expansion features into an existing customer base
- Strong preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and/or growth-stage experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Design or comparable work experience.
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.