Website (Digital) Product Manager at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion-dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well, and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
In this role: The Website Product Manager will spearhead the website development and optimization for Clearcover’s online presence. This role will primarily own the Clearcover.com product but also help drive the creation and management of dedicated landing pages and micro-sites for our Paid channels. This includes applying industry knowledge to increase traffic through organic rankings (SEO), increase conversions through A/B testing and analytics to create the best user experience on the backend and front-end, and ensuring the website is error-free. If you’re a natural problem-solver who can work amidst ambiguity, ask important questions, challenge the way things are being done today, and continually optimize all campaigns and programs, this is the job for you.
What will you be doing?
- Drive product strategies and a long-term vision to build a best-in-class experience.
- Manage, monitor, and upgrade Clearcover.com’s website for traffic, conversions, and user journey.
- Using our Optimizely web testing tool to set up, run tests, analyze, report, and make recommendations.
- Own website analytics through Google Analytics, Looker, and Heap and provide insights on recent updates, traffic flows, user behavior, and tests.
- Ensure updates are pushed to various environments and ensuring patches to software are applied.
- Partner with an SEO agency, development resources, and writers to implement on-page/technical and content SEO strategies to increase traffic to the the website.
- Create and prioritize business requirements for Clearcover web projects in partnership with Creative, User Experience and Web Development team resources
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices and monitor competitor websites where necessary.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and development teams at Clearcover to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the organization’s standards.
- Coordinate website efforts with Conversion Rate Optimization, Paid Search, Demand Generation and other teams as required to ensure strategic alignment.
- Align website updates and functionality changes with the BI team to ensure the most effective KPI measurement mechanisms are implemented in order to measure and monitor ongoing Clearcover website performance.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues, directing the engineering team to implement long-term solutions.
- Identify new opportunities for new features and functionalities to improve conversion and user experience.
- Responsible for browser testing of updates in partnership with engineering.
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting/project managing regular test plans.
- Create strategies to grow conversion and improve web traffic.
- Ensure that the website is protected by enabling appropriate security measures.
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations.
What are our required skills?
- Experience with back-end and front-end programming languages is a plus, such as Java, HTML, CSS, React JS.
- Experience in other related Sales/Marketing enablement platforms and reporting, including Salesforce, Google Analytics suite, Heap, etc.
- Strong experience in digital product management/marketing, website management, project management, or similar.
- Knowledge of technical and content-focused SEO strategies to drive organic traffic.
- Usability and customer-focused design experience is a plus.
- Passionate about building a great website product and solving customer and business problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Fantastic time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, IT, or related field
What is our list of must-haves?
- Strong website optimization experience. You have demonstrated experience increasing conversions through A/B testing and analytics to create the best user experience on the backend and front-end.
- Highly analytical. As a data-driven individual, you enjoy digging into data to monitor and measure performance and further optimize campaigns. You get excited by moving the needle by fractions of percentages.
- Highly collaborative. You thrive in collaborating with the Marketing and Development teams at Clearcover to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the organization’s standards.
- Highly organized. You thrive in well-organized, highly transparent and process-driven environments.
- Hands-on and a self-starter. You have the ability to lead and drive initiatives with creativity, passion and little oversight – the persistence and tenacity to break down barriers while also bringing people together towards a common goal.
- Creative. You dream big and then adjust for the realities of today, balancing the long-term vision with driving short-term results.
- Great communication skills. You have the ability to ask the right questions, get full details, and explain needs and requirements.
- Flexible. You have the ability to work amidst ambiguity and adapt as we grow and expand.
- Growth mindset. You’re driven to improve performance through continuous learning.
But wait, there’s more: As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.