Production Line Lead
Shift: TBD but flexibility is key and weekends are required
Hours: Start time is 7:30 AM
Location: 5370 S. Cicero Ave., Chicago, IL
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased with a credit card or using our app. This is only possible because of our team of people: techies, logistical geniuses, folks who lovingly curate the food among many others.
Our people are friendly and are gifted with grit and passion. That’s exemplified in our work environment where things are always shifting. Forget open-door policies; we have an open layout where you can hear and see everything that’s going on.
And just like our open layout, we value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on those characteristics, our business’ needs, and your qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind — in the hiring process or in the workplace.
Check out our BuiltIn Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here: www.builtinchicago.org/company/farmers-fridge.
About this job:
You will be crucial to our mission of making fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Your leadership will be an integral part of kitchen team, producing cooked items for a large portion of our menu. Your oversight will ensure that food is cooked efficiently, safely and in the necessary amounts.
- You will be excited to lead the production teams to meet productivity and quality goals including leading pre-shift daily meetings.
- You will ensure that stations are set-up correctly with everything your team needs to conduct their work.
- Your huddles, support and mentorship will result in a highly productive team who practice great safety measures. This is especially critical in training new team members.
- Success will be measured by productivity and quality metrics
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience in a food production warehouse
- Leadership skills
- Bilingual skills in Spanish and English preferred
- Friendly. Your team needs to feel comfortable coming to you with concerns and trust direction.
- Communication. You need to understand what needs to be done and relay it clearly to your team.
- Foresight. You need to understand the big picture and how your team fits into it.
- Traditional benefits for full-time hourly – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability.
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy.
- Daily Farmer’s Fridge meal provided
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants: www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures.
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application. Thanks for your interest in Farmer’s Fridge!