2019 Business Technology College Hire Program – BA/PM or Scrum Master (Undergraduate)
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Discover Financial Services is a leading direct bank and electronic payment services company. Our direct bank issues the company’s flagship credit card business and offers an array of banking products, such as private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, and money market accounts. Discover operates PULSE, one of the nation’s leading ATM/debit networks; Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories. For more information, visit www.discover.com/careers.
About the Program
The Discover College Hire Program is an exciting opportunity to work on challenging projects in a sought after work environment and culture. This program provides participants with:
- Interesting project assignments
- Real time and consistent feedback
- A team of resources to assist with training and career development
- Exposure to managers
- Broad knowledge of cross-functional initiatives, experience and career contacts
- Opportunities to interact with the executive leadership team through program events
As a values-oriented organization, Discover’s goal is to hire the best and brightest candidates as full-time employees after graduating from their collegiate studies.
Business Technology Track:
The Business Technology College Hire track merges leading edge technologies with customer-focused business solutions. Positions are primarily based at our Chicagoland headquarters (Riverwoods, IL) with potential assignments at other US offices.
Business Technology College Hire Program Highlights:
- Training on industry/organizational knowledge, technical and leadership skills
- Placement aligned to desired areas and abilities
- Challenging work assignments
- Dedicated program managers, experienced managers and knowledgeable mentors
- Interaction with other recent college hires through program events
As a Business Analyst/Project Manager or Scrum Master in Business Technology, you may:
- Learn how teams get work done.
- Ask the right questions since you wont know all of the answers.
- Organize and facilitate all team meetings (stand ups, planning, retrospectives, etc.).
- Build a trusting and open team work environment.
- Remove impediments affecting the team.
- Manage stakeholder communication across teams.
- Not be expected to write any code (this isnt a technical role).
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Individuals who will have completed a Bachelor’s Program by June 2019
- Working towards degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, Management Information Systems, Information Security, Networking and Telecommunications, or a related discipline
- Other undergraduate classifications with relevant work experience and/or in a related field of study will be considered
- Individuals who have 1 year or less of Technology experience in the workplace
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on 4.0 grade point average scale
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
SKILLS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Relying on others to accomplish goals
- Passion for learning
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.