Account Director, Strategic Accounts
The Account Director, Strategic Accounts will have the opportunity to help large Professional Services and B2B organizations amplify their brand through digital, better positioning them to develop business, deepen their client relationships, and grow and retain top talent. You will serve as a trusted advisor and partner, recommending and delivering digital solutions that bring their brand stories to life. You will also be a key player in developing, maintaining and growing client relationships over the long term.
The Account Director, Strategic Accounts is the glue between the client and One North. They understand the client’s business objectives, internal landscape and market position. As a result, they can communicate their clients’ needs effectively to internal project teams in order to position One North teams for success. The Account Director, Strategic Accounts is ultimately responsible for all work that is done for their clients and, to clients, they are a trusted advisor and source of guidance, able to consult on solutions and strategies.
Internally, the Account Director, Strategic Accounts owns the approach to engagements and the pitch that helps us win. They coordinate the right resources from the right teams within the business to deliver the solutions identified with superior service and quality.
- Increase and drive adoption of One North solutions into clients’ other business units and uncover new opportunities.
- Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process, including qualifying opportunities and collaborating with internal teams to develop winning solutions to present to clients.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions, workshops, project kick-offs, sprint planning, retrospectives and post-mortems for various client projects.
- Proactively drive forward the 'Client Development Plan' for each client account, while liaising all communications between the client and One North’s internal teams.
- Manage and mobilize internal resources for client engagements with overall responsibility for quality and success in line with clients’ needs and One North’s business goals.
- Communicate the goals and context of initiatives to the internal team via a brief at the outset of each initiative.
- Manage expectations and day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors, while maintaining a strong knowledge of clients’ internal governance processes.
- Effectively identify and solve project-related problems that are technical, business-and resource-specific.
- Advise agency management on the status of each account, client relationships and specific opportunities or problems with ongoing projects.
- Work closely with the account and management teams to support account revenue forecasting/monitoring, potential project risks and overall profitability.
- Ensure responsible financial management and delivery of account revenue and profit expectations.
- Manage and process client billing and resolve any invoicing issues or delays.
- Oversee projects including preparation of business cases and ROI models.
- Report and manage internal resource allocation, and proactively anticipate recruitment needs to ensure correct level of skill to grow the account(s).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ablility to utilize a consultancy approach to service delivery at a strategic level
- Understanding and appreciation for content marketing principles, techniques and effectiveness
- Ability to productively critique creative output
- Strong logic and problem-solving abilities, particularly within the realm of digital
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Prior experience in a lead role with pursuit or sales teams
- Flexibility in being both a team player and a solo achiever
- Ability to mentor and coach junior team members
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Proven organizational skills and strong attention to detail