Actuarial Associate Manager
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Rating Services Team
The Rating Services team is responsible for defining, delivering, managing and supporting the use of all regulated scoring programs associated with Arity’s growing and revolutionary product portfolio. This area works closely with data scientists, product managers, and individual state department of insurance agencies. The customers of this group include insurance carriers who subscribe to Arity models and rating services.
Our business and delivery models are best described as B2B – enabling value across Allstate brands and outside of Allstate. Our key customer audience is insurance product managers who will leverage the subscription scoring programs you bring to market to improve the value in their existing programs and/or create new solutions for insurance consumer needs.
This is a front-line manager position. The Actuarial Associate Manager is responsible for designing, developing, managing and leading projects in support of scoring programs associated with Arity’s growing and revolutionary product portfolio utilizing accepted actuarial standards and methodologies and knowledge gained through on the job training. The Associate Manager works closely with Product Managers to develop appropriate scoring and product strategies of moderate to high complexity to maximize the customer and enterprise value. Pursuing actuarial designation and has completed at least 3 actuarial exams, 4 or more preferred.
- Plans, implements, manages, sponsors and/or contributes on projects that are of moderate to high complexity and are medium-to-large scale using accepted standards
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables
- Uses best practices and traditional statistical/modeling techniques to develop and maintain rating models and other models as necessary
- Formulates strategies to achieve plan objectives
- Tracks plan performance
- Participates in cost benefit analysis
- Communicates and presents project information
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Assists in determining where additional resources/ expertise may be necessary to successfully complete projects/ assignments
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Supports and/or leads the development/design of new programs, processes, products of moderate to high complexity
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new programs, processes, products
- Solicits inputs from key stakeholders
- Establishes and evaluates procedures and processes regularly and determines/ recommends alternatives or improvements
- Ensures processes are followed and applied consistently throughout team/department
- Adheres to internal and external compliance requirements/standards
- Contributes to enterprise growth by recommending innovative/ complex changes to products and scoring and providing expertise in their respective discipline(s)
- Understands and articulates market specific implications of business strategies to team members
- Assures proper execution of regulatory/ legislative practices for Arity
- Functions as a liaison between data analytics and customers or other areas of responsibility as required based on the projects they are assigned to
- Determines appropriate analyses to be conducted for projects to make recommendations to achieve corporate goals
- Leverages understanding of current industry and professional standards/ environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Serves as a subject matter expert for their respective discipline(s) from an internal perspective
- Analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve basic to moderately complex data issues
- Assesses resource needs including skills and training requirements (when leading project teams and/or managing direct reports); trains/coaches team members or peers
- Directs and is responsible for work that needs to be performed by a team or their direct reports
- Actively shares expertise among peer and other disciplines
- Typically has 5+ years of actuarial pricing experience
- Pursuing actuarial designation and has completed at least 3 actuarial exams, 4 or more preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably in related field of study such as actuarial science, math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics, economics
- Advanced knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Possesses advanced working knowledge of policies and procedures in management or other technical fields
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office; Advanced – Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- Good presentation skills
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Strong decision making skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.