Jellyvision is hiring an Agile Coach
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced Agile Coach to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
As the Agile Coach, you’ll be responsible for discovering ways to enhance our efficiency and productivity of delivering value for our Jellyvision product initiatives. You will provide thought leadership and guidance across product, creative, technology, operations, and leadership to make sure teams are as effective as possible in delivering outcomes. To get there, you’ll report into the SVP of Organizational Effectiveness and collaborate to evaluate the current ways of working, structure, and tools and work to create an environment built on collaboration, communication, visibility, and engagement.
What you’ll do
- Provide counsel and guidance as Jellyvision evolves our overall organizational structures to make us flatter, faster, and less complex
- Evolve Jellyvision’s Agile framework, coach the organization in adoption of agile behaviors, and promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Develop the team of SMs through education, coaching, mentoring, and leadership
- Deliver hands-on coaching on various Agile techniques such as creating healthy backlogs, utilizing events effectively, lessening dependencies, etc. to decrease risk, increase transparent flow of delivery, and limit work in progress
- Educate teams and leadership around agility, including the tools, techniques, and roles
- Prepare communications, updates, change strategy, and other messaging related to coaching activities
- Setup tools and standards for clear, consistent metric tracking to identify areas of opportunity and lead improvement activities based on success measures
- Works with individuals and functional groups to align strategy and discover needs
- Create a climate where team members take pride in holding themselves and each other accountable through autonomy and ownership
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience as a Scrum Master and Agile Coach leading to the successful achievement of strategic outcomes
- Has been an extensive part of a transformation and knows how to incorporate change management techniques and approaches to successful adoption
- Organizational Change Management and adoption strategy experience is preferred.
- Expert experience with tools that aid teams (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Drive, collaboration tools), including the better ways of organizing that encourages collaboration and transparency
- Extensive knowledge and application of agile frameworks, philosophies, and techniques (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, LeSS, etc.
- Enough technical acumen to coach on engineering development practices, ask great questions, and challenge teams’ assumptions
- Established reputation for building peer like relationships with senior leaders and able to communicate and influence groups with highly developed communication skills; trusted by senior leaders to provide a candid view of “what is really going on.”
- Strategic mindset
- Optimizes work processes
- Communicates effectively
- Ensures accountability
- Drives engagement
- Situational adaptability
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, MI, MN, NY, OR, TX, or WI.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!