Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
We are looking for an Agile Coach to advocate for Agile best practices across our organization. You will contribute by defining vision, prioritizing the most valuable work, and partnering with development teams to drive customer satisfaction in all products. You will champion the ongoing work of our Agile practices and work to shape and influence our strategies to enable and build out high performing teams.
- Teach, demonstrate and guide current best practices of Agile processes to software developers, quality assurance engineers and product owners across the organization
- Adapt and adjust various aspects of the Agile Process to handle external demands such as collaborating with non-Agile client organizations and meeting feature and data-driven goals
- Foster an environment of transparency, learning, innovation, quality and speed
- Maintain a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised, and solutions can be created as a team
- Assist with the adoption of process frameworks based on Agile values and principles
- Facilitate effective collaboration between teams within and across departments
Your accomplishments include:
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign academic equivalent
- 5+ years of Scrum Master experience
- 3+ years of Agile Coach experience
- Possess at least one of the following certifications:
- Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC)
- Scrum Alliance Certified Team Coach (CTC)
- Ambitious innovator, ready to actively contribute beginning Day One
- Deep knowledge of Agile principles and practices and the ability to transfer that understanding at all levels of the organization
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills – ability to think on your feet
- A sense of self-motivation, and the ability to work effectively with limited guidance when necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.