Agile Project Manager
We like to be open-minded and pragmatic. We use Agile/Scrum to run our teams, but more importantly, we dedicate a lot of effort to team development—making sure teams have the resources and environment most conducive to their success.
* Support a Scrum teams in an Agile software development environment, utilizing appropriate tools and techniques.
* Work with a cross-functional team including business teams, Product Owners, and engineers.
* Organize and facilitate sprint team daily meetings, Story Writing & Estimation, Retrospectives, and iteration planning, demos and other meetings the team needs to deliver software.
* Use retrospectives, communication with team, and velocity to identify trends in order to promote continuous improvement.
* Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition, and past sprint performance.
* Work with Product Owners/Managers to understand the vision, objectives, and intended ROI behind the enhancements, initiatives, and products being proposed for development.
* Focus on team health and remove obstacles to provide a positive work environment for team members.
* Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
* Identify and remove impediments that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint commitments.
* Ensure the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially shippable.
* Desire to support software development teams in the delivery of software using Agile methods and the Scrum framework.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate cross-functionally.
* 2 to 3 years of experience in a Scrum Master role or similar role in a technology environment, participating in software development, business process analysis, requirements gathering or project management.
* A college degree, preferably in Business Administration, Information Management, Marketing or Computer Science.
* Familiarity with common web and e-commerce concepts, tools and technologies.
About the Company
As a performance marketing agency, Leapfrog helps brands uncover new customers and revenue by delivering relevant experiences and connecting data. We’ve built a proprietary technology platform that delivers experiences at each step of a consumer’s journey and collects a rich stream of data to learn what treatments increase the likelihood of a valuable outcome for our clients. We use distributed systems to solve complex compute problems, develop data architectures to support analysis and uncover insights, and use those insights to deliver optimal consumer experiences at scale. Our platform is a high-volume processing system supporting some of the largest companies in the US in ways their internal teams, agencies and IT consultants simply cannot.
Leapfrog recently joined iProspect to further enhance their performance media capabilities, sharpening iProspect’s ability to deliver real-time, personalized consumer experiences. Our Technology Team has been thrilled to see our platform extend to iProspect’s client base and we are actively broadening it to even better meet their needs.
Leapfrog is a great place to work. We have competitive pay, a matching 401k package, life & disability insurance as well as bonus potential. We focus on education, training and inclusivity on our teams in our day-to-day work, and by encouraging and financially supporting our employees to attend relevant training and conferences. We have a casual environment and strive to maintain a work/life balance, including flexible work scheduling options and parental leave. We are currently located in Evanston, however, we are in the process of building out a brand-new office space at 515 N. State in Chicago’s River North. We’ve enjoyed our space in Evanston for many years, but are even more excited to move into our new state-of-the-art space in late May.
The real perk of this job is the ability to contribute to a profitable and growing company that strives to give employees the ability to master their craft, increase their skills and be autonomous in their work. We are a small enough division that you can witness and be rewarded for your contributions, but are part of large network that allows us to partner with Fortune 100 companies. We support an individual's contribution to the community at large with multiple philanthropic activities and encourage employees to be part of their larger working collective by attending and supporting prominent conferences.