Agile Project Manager
Founded in 2001, Adage is a web design and development firm that combines strategic thinking with a passion for technology to advance our client's purpose. We bring together a diverse team of creative and technical professionals who partner with our clients to create their digital strategy. It’s our people first approach that drives us to win awards, work with prestigious clients, and break ground with exciting technology.
As Agile Project Manager, you would work with cross-functional Scrum teams to deliver CMS and ecommerce solutions. You and your team will work closely with clients to understand what they want to achieve through their website, and you will be responsible for assisting in the planning, communication and prioritization required to bring the clients' ideas to life in a desired time and budget.
Project Managers interface directly with clients and utilize their knack for communication both to gain clear understanding of the desired end product and radiate information on this vision to the internal team. Throughout the delivery lifecycle, the Project Manager collaborates with the Scrum Master, client and internal team to continually iterate while keeping the project on track.
You will also be responsible for, providing clarity in the client’s timeline and budget while mitigating risk to delivering a successful website or product.
Our ideal candidate will be familiar with basic software development practices, have a strong background in project management and client services, and a desire to work in a highly collaborative, open, and dynamic environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Gather requirements for client digital ecommerce solutions
- Manage a portfolio of clients in different lifecycles of product delivery
- Drive and create a shared vision or roadmap of clients' final products
- Track project budgets, deadlines and general progress towards the completion of client requirements
- Maintain an open and honest line of communication with clients to update them on our project progress
- Monitor threats, risks and opportunities that might affect the success of projects and communicate them to the management when appropriate
- Prioritize and groom a backlog of user stories and tasks to create this vision
- Create and maintain clear acceptance criteria for user stories
- Translate and communicate project requirements to your team
- Participate in testing for quality assurance and user acceptance
- Continually learn and apply the latest CMS solution strategies in the web development industry as a digital consultant to our clients
We want someone who:
- Has prior experience at a web or software development organization in a full-time project manager or account manager role
- Has at least 2 – 3 years’ experience cultivating new work with existing clients, writing SOW's, estimating project costs and estimating project timelines
- Understands and can create tangible clarity around abstract ideas
- Has strong business writing skills and presentation skills
- Communicates exceptionally well in phone calls and through email
- Can effectively communicate vision to different kinds of stakeholders and team members
- Has proven organization skills and attention to detail while retaining big picture goals
- Enjoys working with developers and designers to understand technology requirements
- Is unafraid of asking questions
- Is willing to challenge certain feature sets or ideas in a positive and collaborative manner
- Has experience in web content management
- Experience in Scrum delivery is a plus