Agile Project Manager at Rise Buildings
Elevate your career with Rise Buildings!
We are Rise Buildings, a PropTech ecosystem for residential and commercial buildings. We were founded in 2015 by two neighbors, one a tech industry veteran, the other in real estate. Our product offering includes hardware and software solutions deployed internationally across North America and Europe.
Rise aims to put seamless automation into residential and commercial life, and traditionally low-tech spaces. We currently have an extensive feature set that’s continually expanding and deepening, and our platform is leveraged by everyone in the building, including tenants, management, and staff. We want to modernize and reinvent the landscape of the real estate industry.
We are looking for a talented Agile Project Manager to join our team. You’ll be trusted with a high level of responsibility and report directly to our CTO. Prior knowledge of the real estate industry is not required. We will teach you all you need to know.
What You'll Do
- Act as Project Manager for several simultaneous customer-facing projects
- Work with the team to establish project scope and timelines, and track them to completion
- Schedule and facilitate team scrum ceremonies
- Lead project specific status meetings
- Take detailed meeting notes and ensure they are shared with all appropriate parties
- Work with team leads to set sprint commitments
- Assist the Product Managers with user story writing, backlog grooming, and setting priorities for the team
- Maintain relevant metrics on team velocity, capacity, and progress toward meeting goals to track performance and make improvements
- Track and escalate project issues, as needed, and work with the appropriate parties to remove impediments
- Drive continuous internal process improvement
What You Bring
- 3+ years experience managing projects, preferably within an agile development environment
- A consistent track record of delivering projects on time and in scope
- Organization and an ability to successfully run multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate across teams and departments
- Effective communication skills with people at all levels of the organization, as well as external stakeholders
- Clear and concise writing skills, including exemplary documentation
- Experience with project management tools (Jira preferred)
What We Can Offer You
- A flat organization where you can take on as much responsibility as you want.
- A company that is truly entrepreneurial in all that we do. See the company’s workings from the ground up, and get involved at every stage of the game. Everyone is key to our success. See the full impact of your work.
- A fun, challenging environment where everyone has skin in the game. We work hard but enjoy what we do and have fun together.
- An exciting and passionate team with deep expertise in both technology and real estate. You can learn a lot from us, and we can learn a lot from you.
- A bright, energetic office in the bustling West Loop neighborhood in Chicago that’s close to fun places to eat and play.
- Free snacks, drinks, coffee, as well as team lunches on selected days per week.