Agile Release Train Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for Agile Release Train (ART) processes and standards, program-level planning, execution and continuous improvement. Facilitates Scrum of Scrum forum, manages Program Level impediments and risks, and ensures the Release Train stays on track for program-level Initiatives and features delivery. Accountable for ensuring transparency about the ART’s delivery, risks and accomplishments.
- Manages and tracks program-level execution and PI feature delivery, escalate impediments and risks (produces reports). Manages and tracks ART-level metrics and score card.
- Drives program-level continuous improvement and consistency across Agile Release Train via retrospectives and Scrum-of-Scrums forums.
- Collaborates with other RTEs for resolving prioritization, conflicts and synchronization.
- Establishes Program Increments calendar. Plans and facilitates the Program Increment planning event. Aggregates team objectives into Program PI Objectives and publishes for visibility and transparency.
- Facilitates Program feature Grooming and manages program-level backlog.
- Facilitates Program Level Dependencies with other Release Trains and Shared Services.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Management
- 4+ years of experience in coaching and mentoring skills on Agile methodology and understand Scrum Framework, Scrum of Scrum lead and working in a scaled Agile environment setting
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of coaching and mentoring skills on Agile methodology and understand Scrum Framework, Scrum lead or Scrum master and working in a scaled Agile environment setting
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in coaching and mentoring skills on Agile methodology and understand Scrum Framework, Scrum lead or Scrum master and working in a scaled Agile environment setting
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!