ANALYTICS PROJECT LEADER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
In Aftermarket Analytics, we support services growth by leveraging a data-driven understanding of dealer and customer services behaviors.
The team’s core project – Lens - is a data-driven approach which translates dealer-to-customer aftermarket invoices data (lists of parts) into the actual component and repair which was performed, as well as the most likely piece of equipment which benefited from the repair. This helps to better understand and leverage service (repair/maintenance) customer and dealer behaviors.
The value of this project is determined by its coverage (components and repairs), its quality (accuracy and confidence) and as importantly by its alignment to the services growth agenda. That implies managing a complex network of stakeholders from product groups, component groups, services development teams, distribution (service operations) to sales execution teams and dealerships.
The principal responsibility of Analytics Project Leader is to move from being an individual contributor on analytic project teams to leading the planning and execution for such teams. He or she will form and lead teams of Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Subject Matter Experts. As the project leader the incumbent will be responsible for managing the project charter, team and stakeholder communications, and the overall project plan and budget.
The Analytics Project Leader will:
- Use knowledge of analytical methods and business acumen to guide cross-functional teams in the chartering and execution of analytics projects;
-Manage 3-4 projects concurrently
-Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc.) to meet or exceed customer expectations.
-Serve as the principal communicator with clients and internal stakeholders regarding project status.
Significant challenges of this position are working with people: enhancing the team’s creativity; facilitating the team’s cooperation; clearly communicating the requirements and tasks, while gaining input from the team on refinement of same; translating both verbal and non-verbal information from the customer, management and team members. The Analytics Project Leader acts as a spokesperson for the team in meetings, with multiple levels of management, and with the customer. As Project Leader, the incumbent must develop strong internal networks to enable them to obtain resources and cooperation needed and remove roadblocks so that they can insure the success of their project team.
The Analytics Project Leader bears primary responsibility for meeting customer expectations for the projects they are leading.
Key Responsibilities may include and are not limited to:
- Integrate with aftermarket applications: Collaborate with Aftermarket Data Scientists, analysts and data engineers to determine the best design & business logics to integrate with other aftermarket applications (e.g. API)
- Drive business value creation & extraction: Lead and execute business facing analytics projects in the fields of customer segmentation (aftermarket attributes and service behaviors), repair profile (e.g. market-based repair levels) and equipment service lifecycle.
- Onboard/Educate/Partner: Onboard other data analysts (insights team, Analytics and segment data analysts) to augment usage of Lens data
- 5+ years of experience as business analyst
- Bachelor or Master (business/science/engineering)
- Demonstrate leadership, customer focus, planning and organizing, initiative, interpersonal skills, and communications.
- Ability to work with technical & non-technical stakeholders with the ability to take & deliver Analysis & Insight
- 5+ years of experience working on analytics projects using SQL and Data visualization tools such as Tableau.
Top Candidates will have:
- Strong analytical skills: ability to interpret data to solve business issues & vulgarize results for a large and diverse audience
- Organized, fast learner, curious and proactive
- SQL knowledge: Intermediate (Snowflake)
- Data visualization: Intermediate (Tableau)
- Interest in large machinery and basic knowledge of mechanical parts and telematics
- AWS environment: Basic – Be able to leverage effectively the Sagemaker environment
- Solid understanding of the data processing tools (storage, algorithms, etc.)
- Knowledge of (non-)relational /(un-)structured/graph databases / APIs etc.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.