Arity-Competitive Intelligence Consultant at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Arity Competitive Intelligence family, analyzes, and distributes intelligence on products, market conditions, competitors and consumer attitudes to our product, marketing, and sales teams. We're experts on applying insight into next generation insurance solutions, mobility solutions, and the Internet of Things. To help Arity reach its vision of safer, smarter, and more useful transportation, we keep everyone connected to the external landscape with real-time updates. Our purpose is to go beyond the surface of current events and developments to understand how what's happening now will affect what we do not just today and tomorrow but decades in the future.
As a Competitive Intelligence Consultant you'll be responsible for tracking the overall market activities of specific competitors, industries, and related topics reporting back on new initiatives, threats, and opportunities. You'll support Arity's development of new and existing products with research and fact based interpretations of the competitive landscape. This is a lead analyst position responsible for coordinating, maintaining, leading, and managing projects and processes at an individual level and for the team. You'll be responsible for providing medium to high complexity analytical and competitive research to support the Arity leadership team, sales team, and product owners.
- Identify and communicate trends, competitive forces, competitor strategies
- Translate findings into recommendations that inform operational, tactical, innovative and strategic business decisions
- Develop business recommendations based on scan findings, internal/external network learnings, and other research methods
- Lead the efforts in proactively seeking out primary sources to validate or provide needed insight to secondary research findings
- Build tools or leverage current ones that document and track scanning and other learnings in the industry
- Identify and collect competitive intelligence pertinent to the decisions made within the Arity organization
- Be the subject matter expert on specific Arity industries and traditional and non-traditional competitors
- Proactively communicate important competitive information and knowledge, and make interpretations of the strategic implications to Arity
- Maintain and communicate a high set of competitive intelligence ethical standards, ensuring that all competitive intelligence is gathered from the appropriate sources and employs appropriate collection methodologies
- Provide education to teams, including initiating and facilitating discussion on market trends and hot topics
- Develop, expand and maintain a competitive intelligence network of contacts, both internal to Arity and external to Arity
- Promote and apply intermediate to advanced competitive intelligence analytical methodologies to address industry disruptors, and proactively identify issues of concern
- Perform intermediate competitive analysis and the analysis of unstructured problems; may collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and define the underlying business issue; facilitate the development, design, analysis and execution of the research and analysis
- Apply a proficient level of knowledge in competitive intelligence research, analysis and industry trends
- Effectively identify and frame issues and their implications; assess impacts of recommendations of less experienced analysts; develop an intermediate level of analytical recommendations
- Assemble typical research data and findings for others to interpret into business strategies; may present findings to various levels of leadership
- Focused on competitor and business opportunities for and of Arity products, technologies, and relationships. CI work will include fact gathering resulting in insights and possible implications to Arity.
- As a key contributor, critical to the achievement of team/organization goals, serve as a mentor and provide guidance to peers and less experienced team members in the development and delivery of their work products
- Acquire, maintain and apply intermediate knowledge of the business, its products and processes, and intermediate knowledge of competitive intelligence research and analytic methodologies
- Education: Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience with advanced experience in research and competitive analysis/intelligence
- Advanced project/process management and development
- Intermediate knowledge in using analytic tools such as Tableau and Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of storytelling as it relates to key competitive and market insights
- Intermediate critical thinking/analysis and ability to identify trends
- Intermediate knowledge of relevant industry techniques (i.e. SWOT, scenario planning, etc)
- Intermediate knowledge of connected car, insurance telematics, mobility space, and emerging technologies
- Intermediate ability to analyze information and synthesize it for broad consumption
- Intermediate experience managing work of others
- Intermediate communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Proficient at working with competitive intelligence end-users to understand their needs and perspectives
- Proven ability to effectively network and communicate with different types and levels of staff and external contacts, both in writing and verbally
- Effective presentation skills, including the ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Data visualization skills a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.