Arity - Regulatory Compliance Manager at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
As a member of the Operational Excellence team, you'll help make sure the entire Arity team is enabled and empowered to get things done! It's our job to ensure Arity is an industry leader both in terms of the products we offer, and by the way in which we deliver and deploy them to our customers. We are one-part business - for example, contracting with customers and suppliers, and one-part risk managers - tackling tough issues like data security and privacy. Our top candidate embraces ambiguity and change. He/she can see the big picture, understand all the implications that need to be addressed, and lead the team to overcome any hurdles to achieve Arity's goals.
The Operational Excellence Regulatory Manager is responsible for influencing activities that support the Operational Excellence program. The position is for a self-motivator that executes on regulatory, compliance, and privacy matters. The Manager will proactively work with business partners on emerging regulatory, compliance, and privacy risks and issues while ensuring Program elements are being met. This individual will contribute to Arity through operational leadership including management, direction, leveraging and guidance of others within the organization. In addition, the Manager will lead through strong communication skills, coordinating activities and delegating work. This individual is expected to have a thorough understanding of stated compliance and privacy policies and practices.
- Manages regulatory compliance (RC) projects across Arity and establishes best practice standards related to regulatory compliance.
- Lead regulatory compliance program assessments with Arity business units, with a focus on regulatory risk, and provides innovative ideas for managing, monitoring, reporting, and escalation structure.
- Influences and leads the development and implementation of processes, policies, and/or procedures in support of ensuring compliance to standards and regulatory compliance.
- Participate in key and lead other enterprise impacting RC initiatives. For example, working with the enterprise RC team to develop and enhance enterprise RC tools and processes.
- Optimizes Arity processes related to standard regulatory compliance projects; ensures that proper procedures have been followed and drive development of reporting and monitoring of key risk indicators; reports and escalates to leadership as appropriate.
- Assess compliance for organizational-level risks by working with leadership and product managers across the organization to identify process risks and develop appropriate controls.
- Implement medium to large scale regulatory compliance projects.
- Coordinates and communicates complex information and situations in a systematic and concise manner internally among the Operational Excellence team, to business partners, as well as to various levels of leadership.
- Deep understanding of developments in Arity's regulatory compliance space; consult on impact to the business, with an eye toward continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of regulatory compliance, data privacy, or business assessment experience required
- Experienced in leading larger business, compliance, or technology projects
- Recognizes gaps in processes and recommends holistic solutions
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills; able to influence and advise leaders in a de-centralized organization
- Strong interpersonal and advocacy skills
- Uses critical thinking and analytical skills to identify and respond to underlying issues beyond the stated situation
- Quickly discerns potential regulatory compliance risk and responds and escalates appropriately
- Strong business acumen and consulting skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced facilitation and presentation skills
- Intermediate to advanced change management skills
- Delivers personal and project team results with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrates the highest levels of ethics and integrity
- Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.